.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:49 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Deployment Questions

I have 3 questions I could not find in the game Help File. I know the older version did not have designated deploy zones (ie. the front line flags like in SPWAW) where you could edit the deployment areas to the exact area open for a player to deploy into. My questions are;

1. What are the default areas that the game will use for deployment. For example; In an Assault scenario where the player is coming from the left. How far into the Map in hexes from the Left Edge will the AI allow him to deploy out to?

2. Is is different for each battle type (Assault, Advance, Meeting Engagement?

3. Does Map size affect this? (Is is a percentage of the map with or set by # of hexes based on the map width)?
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:53 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Deployment Questions

Hi DD,

Working on your Campaign?

From what I know, the player when assaults, advances or in a meeting engagement will be allowed to deploy inside an X margin of 30% of MAP width. For example in 100x100 map you may deploy your forces inside a margin of 30 hexes.

The only exception is when you defend or delay against the advance of the enemy. Then you may deploy inside a margin of 50% the map width. For example in a 100x50 map you may deploy inside a margin of 25 hexes.

So:
In a ME battle the deployment zones are for player1 30% MAP WIDTH and for Player2 30% MAP WIDTH.

In a Player1 advances/assaults battle the deployment zones are for player1 30% MAP WIDTH and for Player2 50% MAP WIDTH.

In a Player2 advances/assaults battle the deployment zones are for player1 50% MAP WIDTH and for Player2 30% MAP WIDTH.

cheers,
Pyros

p.s DD in your campaigns you must make use of the "%" hot key for setting the X location of the start line for player1 (human)
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:17 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pyros said:p.s DD in your campaigns you must make use of the "%" hot key for setting the X location of the start line for player1 (human)
Thanks Pyros.

I have never been able to really understand the setting of the special start lines in the campaigns. Guess I need to read that section again.
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM

Corporal

AB is on a distinguished road

Double Duece,
Something else you could do, to get the flexability of SPWAW adjustable start lines, is use TEXT to note deployment lines. Use '-' '/' etc. typed onto the map, to show the player where it is 'legal' to deploy. It requires the player to be honest, but anyone can cheat if they want, so i don't view that as a big deal.