This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old April 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: nunchaku of doom

Actually the facts support my statement in that gun ownership here in the US reduces crime. I can only speak to the increased crime rates in the UK, Australia, Canada, and various cities such as WA DC, New York, and Chicogo here in the US following their gun bans as evidence that anti-gun laws do increase crime. Those numbers cannot be disputed as they are fact. The state of firearm ownership and privileges in other countries has tought us a considerable amount about both the value and fragility of our freedoms here in the US.

Notice I said "privileges" and not "rights." The US is one of the few countries in the world where we have a consitutional right to keep and bare arms. Where for the most part the act of self defense is not considered a crime.
Old April 29th, 2006, 12:46 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Thermodyne is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Atrocities, it's *facts* that "disagree" with you : countries were gun ownership is "free" have more violent crimes that the others.
Not surprising though, modern weapons favour attacker. You should wear flak jacket, helmet and IR googles at all times
What Europeans call freedom, Americans call intrusive government. The last six months in France are an example of a disarmed society. France’s immigrant population took to rioting in the streets, and there was little that law-abiding citizens could do to protect their property. Then the government tries to align its labor laws a little closer to the norm of the global economy, and it starts all over again. I’d like to see immigrants try to burn down a mid American town over the right to government handouts and jobs. But then I guess France has bigger fish to fry, things like testing nukes, building second rate carriers and maintaining it’s colonial possessions, and lets not forget the effort of holding together a secular state.

I have some French firearms from the late thirties in my collection, seldom fired and only dropped once. That’s sort of the way your government runs, they support whoever agrees to make purchases of French weapons and nuclear technology. Israel was your friend when they were purchasing fighters, but then you turn around and provide their antagonizes with the technology to develop nuclear weapons. It must be easy for a Frenchmen to promote the disarming of the public, having never enjoyed the right to bear arms himself.

As to your statistics, they are only partly correct. Without a breakdown by ethnic group they have only limited value. And that would be politically incorrect in the current climate.

Think about it
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:29 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

I have a set of sword-chucks that I carry around with me. Only had to use them once. Am currently typing this with my nose.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I would use the tips of the sword-chucks to type if it were me.
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hugh Manatee is on a distinguished road

When it says Bear Arms..... does that mean I can own a tank with armor piercing rounds.... you know for self defense....
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:56 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Hugh Manatee said:
When it says Bear Arms..... does that mean I can own a tank with armor piercing rounds.... you know for self defense....
If you must ask an asinine question like this, then why post a question at all?
Old July 17th, 2006, 02:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Just before the 2000 election, Solicitor General Seth Waxman - the Clinton administration's top court room advocate- starkly confirmed that the government "did indeed take the position that the Second Amendment does not extend an individual right to keep and bear arms."

As a result of the 2000 election we have seen more serious scholarship in regards to the second amendment. John Ashcroft, Attorney General, asked the Justice Department's top legal minds to study whether the Second Amendment protected an individual right to keep and bear arms. DOJ's office of legal counsel reviewed the Second Amendment's text, as well as its historical origins as far back as the 17th century England, and concluded that: "the Second Amendment secures a personal right of individuals, not a collective right that may only be invoked by a State or quasi-collective right restricted to those persons who serve in organized militia units."
- Steve Cox

In other words, we do have the right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment of the constitution of the United States. That is our right, and regardless of how you or the UN may feel about it, know this, only those who fear a free society fear an individuals rights to keep and bear arms. Take a good long hard look at the very people and governments who want to eliminate free ownership of firearms and you will see tyrants, power hungry medlers, and dictators.

The people who want to take the right of free Americans away from them, don't like it when the truth is spoken. They will do anything within their power to kill the messinger, attack the morals, and destory the good name of any who stand in their way. They will lie about, sue, and tarnish any and all who oppose their views. They cannot stand up against the truth so they attack it peace by peace, word by word, looking to dismantle any arguement that differse from their point of view. They will lie to all who will listen, promote untruth and spread mistruth without regard for truth. In the end they hope to win, not because they are right, but because they have lied their way to victory.

When these type of people lead the nations of this world, what kind of world will we all be living in?
Old July 17th, 2006, 08:49 AM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said: When these type of people lead the nations of this world, what kind of world will we all be living in?
By and large, these kind of people already lead the nations of the world.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old July 17th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Brigadier General

TerranC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thermodyne said:
What Europeans call freedom, Americans call intrusive government. The last six months in France are an example of a disarmed society. France’s immigrant population took to rioting in the streets, and there was little that law-abiding citizens could do to protect their property. Then the government tries to align its labor laws a little closer to the norm of the global economy, and it starts all over again. I’d like to see immigrants try to burn down a mid American town over the right to government handouts and jobs. But then I guess France has bigger fish to fry, things like testing nukes, building second rate carriers and maintaining it’s colonial possessions, and lets not forget the effort of holding together a secular state.

I have some French firearms from the late thirties in my collection, seldom fired and only dropped once. That’s sort of the way your government runs, they support whoever agrees to make purchases of French weapons and nuclear technology. Israel was your friend when they were purchasing fighters, but then you turn around and provide their antagonizes with the technology to develop nuclear weapons. It must be easy for a Frenchmen to promote the disarming of the public, having never enjoyed the right to bear arms himself.

As to your statistics, they are only partly correct. Without a breakdown by ethnic group they have only limited value. And that would be politically incorrect in the current climate.
Hear, hear. I can't believe I missed this gem of a post. I ought to start reading this part of the forums more often.

BTW, No, and no. Not because of lack of interest, rather costs. It's expensive to get a decent gun these days, you know.

Download Sev Today! --- Download BOB and SOCk today too! --- Thanks to Fyron and Trooper for hosting.

Old July 17th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thermodyne said:

Quote:

Atrocities, it's *facts* that "disagree" with you : countries were gun ownership is "free" have more violent crimes that the others.
Not surprising though, modern weapons favour attacker. You should wear flak jacket, helmet and IR googles at all times

Man, you have no clue of what you're talking about... What we call "rioting" here is surely more something like "everyday life" on your side, so it's normal you misunderstood !:P
Come live here for a few months ...