BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 20th, 2019, 03:49 AM

Private

kingbowl is on a distinguished road
Default windows 10 problem

i have a problem with runnen the game under windows 10 the first times i play the game everthing oke now i have only the options menu and it is not running the game i hope somebody can help me thanks
Old January 20th, 2019, 04:54 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: windows 10 problem

Did you follow the installation instructions - ie NOT install in Windows default directory?

and have you got menu bar at bottom with "Auto-Hide" off?

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old January 20th, 2019, 06:09 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

And make sure it’s running in Desktop mode and not full screen. Need to see screen shots if your settings.
Old January 20th, 2019, 08:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbowl View Post
i have a problem with runnen the game under windows 10 the first times i play the game everthing oke now i have only the options menu and it is not running the game i hope somebody can help me thanks
I am running the game just fine on this windows 10 laptop, so windows 10 is not the issue.

If it ran fine before, and now does not then it would likely be due to a change at your end. If you can remember what that was, then reversing your settings(?) changes would be a good idea.

If you say installed a new graphics card or drivers for it then it may no longer support the legacy 256 colour mode used in full-screen mode, if you were trying to run that way. In any case full-screen mode is only there as a legacy from XP and before, modern graphics cards actually have to emulate that mode resulting in it being slower than full-colour (windowed) mode, and Windows 7 actually needed the special batch file to kill off the aero interface, as it thinks it owns the 256 colour palette. Stick to windowed mode, with desktop resolution if you have the CD, or in an 800x600 window if you have the free demo version of the game.

Make sure the game is not running in the background, hidden - if you have not shut down your system, then a restart will kill any rogue process. Or use ctrl-alt-del and see if the game is running but was not killed by the O/S and if so, kill it manually.

Firstly - ensure that you do not have your windows taskbar set up to auto-hide. Most systems will screw up the game desktop if it is on, a very few are happy with it, depends on your system. Turn it off for now, if it is on.

Try setting the game up as follows
- Introduction screen off (game options main tab)
- Game mode Windowed (Don't use full-screen, it is for legacy XP systems only)
- Screen/Windows size - desktop (if you have the CD edition) otherwise 800x600

Give that a try and see if you get the game appearing as it did before whatever you changed at your end.

PS - just thought of something. Did you recently apply a patch?. if so, and the patch was not applied to the same folder the game was originally in, then you may be trying to run only a part of the complete game, i.e. the files in the patch folder. If so then you will need to reinstall the patch with its folder pointed at your original game.
Old January 28th, 2019, 12:15 PM

Private

kingbowl is on a distinguished road

strange i did noting and installed only the windows 10 update and it is running agaign
Old January 28th, 2019, 02:19 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbowl View Post
strange i did noting and installed only the windows 10 update and it is running agaign
Nothing strange for windows 10!

The last update borked windows explorer for one folder only (MBT) whereby it will only let me change the folder's sort type if I am in details view - if in list view, no "sort by type". Change the folder name and all works as it should - but as it's a development folder other things want to talk to, not an option.

With windows 10 if you have a problem and it appears after an update - wait till the next release... it may sort out what it broke in the last one. Maybe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old January 29th, 2019, 08:18 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

After the last Win10 update on my machine, I am now unable to create a new folder in File Explorer by right-clicking the mouse and select New > Folder.......... it locks up and shuts down file explorer. I can create a new folder by selecting "New Folder" from the menu bar at the top of the screen but years of habit are hard to break

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 29th, 2019, 09:42 AM

First Lieutenant

I am also using Windows 10 (in a VM) and have been recently updated. I don't understand the folder issues that Don explains, mine does not seem to behave that way. However from time to time when Windows gets updated funny things happen on my VM and things that once worked no longer work (I go into panic mode and backup everything (all my works in progress for both scenarios and maps, I always have a few I am working on ), thank the Lord for the Cloud drive thing) and then it 'magically' starts working again.

Any way I am running the game (both actually) just fine in W10, you'll have to do as Andy says in your settings but if your partial to full screen you can use the border-less gaming thing. I use it, I like the experience for both the games and the extended editor and don't mind alt+tabbing back and forth (it does help that I have two monitors, and the VM is on one and my host O/S is on another, makes it easy to use the extended map editor in one monitor and use the vehola tool in a browser in the other monitor).
Old January 30th, 2019, 01:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
I am also using Windows 10 (in a VM) and have been recently updated. I don't understand the folder issues that Don explains,).

If I right click on a folder and click this it freezes File explorer

If I use New Folder on the top menu to make a new folder ( or press ctrl+shift+N ) I can create a new folder

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image9.png
Views:	824
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	15655   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image10.png
Views:	810
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	15656  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 30th, 2019, 02:12 PM

First Lieutenant

Ah, gotcha!

Mine does not behave that way, I can use either method and it creates a folder. Double check in both non-system folders and system folders and it seems okay (can create a folder), but a new update fixed (or will fix this)?

Who knows with Microsoft...