.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM

Sergeant

P3D is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
In the meantime (and assuming no more people sign up: Any map suggestions? From the ones I have on my disk Cradle of Dominion seems the best fit. (Rather roomy, but not too much so, and not too many water provinces.)
The Cradle map will give two or three players poor starting locations (3-4 low-resource neighbors). What about the (fixed) Riverlands map?

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43606
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Private

Sasooli is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
Not only is Sasoolis PM:s turned off here, his inbox at dom3mods is full. Arrgh!
Oops! Yes, it looks like my inbox on the other forum is also now full of people demanding I actually do something useful over here.

My PMs are now enabled on this forum (I believe!) so everyone please send me your nation choice. I'll then perform some wizardry to combine them all in a way that leaves as many as possible of you feeling cheated and vowing eternal vengeance on me and my potential descendants.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasooli For This Useful Post:
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:32 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Noobliss definitely has enough exp for this game.
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
Noobliss definitely has enough exp for this game.
All right, I'll take your word for it. (You are the all-powerfull adming after all. Added to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
[Here are two wraparounds to consider.

Riverlands (231+17) - http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43606

or if you want a tighter fit

GreeeceStain (181+18) - http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44078
From just looking at the map image GreeceStain appears to work best with exactly 18 players. I do like Riverlands though. Again, a bit roomy right now, (16.5 prov/player if we stay at 15) but not too much so, and offers enough room if a couple more players sign up. Unless I hear protests or we somehow manage to fill up to 20+ players I say we stick with that one. I see no specific reason to fix start location if the map is balanced, but if others have a different opinion that's fine with me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan
Lots of words about VP
In my opinion managing to take half+1 capitals in a competitive field pretty much means you've won, don't really feel the need to add to the bookkeeping with a 'hold for 3 turns' clause. Neither do I mind the fact Capital locations will be known if marked as VP's mysels. But, once again, I'm more than happy to change my mind if others prefer other conditions. (Hence the ? behind my proposal in the OP.)

Last edited by Amhazair; March 28th, 2011 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasooli View Post
My PMs are now enabled on this forum (I believe!)
Indeed they are. (Just tested it )

I propose everyone submits their choices by wednesday, that way Sasooli can perform his magic and assign nations by wednesday evening, leaving us a couple of days to test things for a weekend start. (If that fits Sasooli's schedule of course.) Sounds fair to everyone?
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

The only problem, which I should have mentioned, is that I am away Friday lunchtime until Monday evening (going to Paris!). But I can find a sub for the first couple of turns.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:56 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

I prefer riverlands, 9VPs, marked as capitals and no hold for X turns clause.

I'm sorry, I tried anonymous VPs in GoTM and I find it to be too much of a hassle. It's my personal taste but I think the game already requires quite a lot of attention and MM. No need to force players to go crazy with scouts or severely punish those that fail to become all knowing. I have the same gripe with graphs off.
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:34 PM

Private

Sasooli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
I propose everyone submits their choices by wednesday, that way Sasooli can perform his magic and assign nations by wednesday evening, leaving us a couple of days to test things for a weekend start. (If that fits Sasooli's schedule of course.) Sounds fair to everyone?
That works for me. I'll wait until Wednesday, and anyone who hasn't sent me their choice by then will get a random nation unless they let me know they need more time.

I've had a couple of questions about my methods of assignment. Here are the answers, though if Amhazair/Dimaz object I'm happy to backtrack.

Q: How many nations can we put on the 'definitely not' list?
A: A maximum of two.

Q: Will conflicts be solved by coin toss?
A: Not necessarily. I will make it a priority to try and give everyone one of their first three choices, if at all possible.

Q: Hypothetically speaking and purely for academic interest, do you know what the average bribe was for fixing nation assignments in PBEM games last season?
A: I believe it was in the region of 10 astral pearls per game, though bribe size was strongly correlated with physical attractiveness of the bribee.
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasooli View Post
That works for me. I'll wait until Wednesday, and anyone who hasn't sent me their choice by then will get a random nation unless they let me know they need more time.

I've had a couple of questions about my methods of assignment. Here are the answers, though if Amhazair/Dimaz object I'm happy to backtrack.

Q: How many nations can we put on the 'definitely not' list?
A: A maximum of two.

Q: Will conflicts be solved by coin toss?
A: Not necessarily. I will make it a priority to try and give everyone one of their first three choices, if at all possible.

Q: Hypothetically speaking and purely for academic interest, do you know what the average bribe was for fixing nation assignments in PBEM games last season?
A: I believe it was in the region of 10 astral pearls per game, though bribe size was strongly correlated with physical attractiveness of the bribee.
I totally agree with all these answers, especially for the second question. (A bit more work for you, but that's why I hired expert help of course. )

As for the last question, with no particular reason in mind I suggest you ask Llamabeast what benefit he got out of gaining my gratitude once upon a time.
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Sasooli has drunk some!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs