BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy
Notices

Old December 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM

Private

JCrowe is on a distinguished road
Default AI Under Redevelopment!

Very good news - Malfador is aware that the AI for World Supremacy needs work, and they've been coding away on an update.

They say we might see a patch run later this month, and even have a specific date in mind, but if you've ever worked on a complex project before, you know what release estimates are like. Still, they are diligently applying themselves, and it's probable that a patch will be up before the New Year.
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:30 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI Under Redevelopment!

Very good to hear.

My only concern is the unit imbalances(right now tanks, or even infantry, and fighters are all you need to buy). Shouldnt they be fixed and THEN the AI improved?
I can correct the fighters ability to kill ground units and change a few stats around on a few units to make the game much more realistic but the AI wont know the new stats...........

Hopefully that has already been considered.........
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:23 AM

Private

JCrowe is on a distinguished road

Malfador says that the patch they're currently developing would cover more than just the AI, which I took to mean they are also targeting unit balancing. Of course, never jump to conclusions unless you're prepared for a hard landing. So I sent them Chapters 1-26 of the Great Book of "Please Fix This".

- Not my fault; they asked -

The Great Book speaks at length to the AI's shortcomings in the first half, and addresses unit imbalances and the like in the second. Whether or not they take any of it under advisement - or even read the thing - I cannot say, but they seem like a decent bunch of chaps making a honest effort. It will be interesting to see what they come up with; my fingers are crossed. Other options seem limited for this kind of a strategy game in the modern age. They don't hold the kind of favor they once did 'way back when'.
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:24 AM

Colonel

Q is on a distinguished road

That is good news. Most important the AI needs to use sea units and make amphibious attacks. Second there must be some kind of mega evil empire reaction if a player gets too strong. At present the AI even stops attacking the stonger player and fights its weaker neighbours instead, which makes defeat certain!
Third MM should rethink the combat system. It is so absurd that the best strategy is to place your units and wait till the enemy moves into your firing range.
I defenitely would like to buy the game but at present these problems prevent it.
Finally I wonder if there will be any possibility to mod the AI ourselves. As ScottWAR mentioned, there are quite interesting possibilities to mod the units but this is pointless if the AI can't handle it.
Old December 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Private

Togo is on a distinguished road

I would still like to see the game become a little more like Empire Deluxe, where there was a specific unit vs.unit use for everything, with a hit/miss combat model.
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:30 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

I play another game called Empires of Steel, thats similiar to this in some ways,........it is also moddable, and one of the mods I have for it is a mod that makes it play like empire deluxe.
So I would think someone can and probably will make a mod that does the same for this game. Eventually.