.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Germany

Turn 9

The enemy center group, which was composed of 12 tanks, has split into two groups. One group is tangled with the left flank of Bravo. Of those, two are now immobilized and another one of their tanks has taken a hard hit. It is supported by at least three squads of infantry. I've got all of Bravo heading into that direction. The other splinter group is composed of seven tanks, of which four have been destroyed. This group took fire from ATGs and tanks to the south and north. They don't have any infantry support at this time. I lost one of my light tanks due to an error in judgment and my infantry near one of the immobilized tanks is getting hit hard. I need infantry AT weapons.

To the south, there is also another group of 12 tanks. Of these, three have been destroyed and at least one other has taken a major hit. They have a platoon of infantry supporting them, but are off to their rear. That one might have retreated out of view. I've been going after them with my two armored cars and three medium tanks. All of Charlie is moving into the area.

There are other enemy units sighted. Between the two groups of tanks, three tank destroyers are moving up. Given I still have 17 live tanks to deal with, I'm not that worried about three open top TDs without machine guns. Somewhere further back, I've also seen a couple of flak trucks. Those die with small arms. Along the southern edge of the map, half of an infantry company is moving up. They are too far away to be of concern at the moment.

Enemy artillery is dropping near my northern group of tanks, so I'll move them out of there.

The main enemy effort seems to be along the left side of my line. I'm going to start moving two platoons of Alpha heading that way. The third platoon has already moved out to put away the enemy armored car. Once they complete that task, they will drop back and cover the northern objective.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xT26 M1931 tank destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIe 37mm tank and 5xPzKw IIIe 50mm tanks destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; September 18th, 2010 at 05:43 PM..
Old September 18th, 2010, 06:53 PM

Captain

Turn 10

The center and southern enemy armor groups are merging as the approach the south objective group. With the three tank destroyers, they are moving in from the west and southwest. The exception are the five tanks mixed with Bravo's left flank. One of those tanks was destroyed. Of the four left there, two are immobilized. There are still three enemy squads, but back a bit from the tanks. My infantry is swarming around, but they aren't able to do much against the enemy tanks.

A few hundred meters from the south objective groups are nine tanks and three tank destroyers. I was able to destroy two more tanks in this area, but lost one of my own, plus one ATG. The enemy is skirting my reverse slope line, staying on the hill and out of range. My mortars hit the enemy infantry causing some to run and immobilizing one more tank. Enemy artillery is still hitting a whole bunch of nothing.

The enemy infantry along the southern edge has started to turn toward the objectives the tanks are after, but they have a long way to go.

Two platoons of Alpha are moving that way with HMGs and light mortars. While the enemy might take the southern group of flags, they will have trouble getting more. The battle is raging as it is, but their numbers are starting to dwindle. Once they lose all of their armor, their infantry is done.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xT26 M1939 tank and 1x45mm ATG destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: 2xPzKw IIIe 37mm tanks and 1xPzKw IIIe 50mm tank destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 18th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Captain

Turn 11

I'm trying to close in on the enemy tanks and infantry groups. Slowly, I am digging into their armor numbers. Four more tanks destroyed. I'm working on isolating and suppressing tanks, before moving my tanks into position fire. My infantry is being used as cannon fodder for this, but I have to do it some way. One of the enemy tanks destroyed was on Bravo's flank. That leaves three, two of which are immobilized. The enemy pounded one of their own tanks with mortar fire. On the hill west of the south objective group, there are still six tanks and three destroyers. At least one of those tanks is damaged. The central core is surrounded by smoke, so it is hard to get a shot, but all my medium tanks are up top right now. If they do pop out, I want as many guns on target as I can get. My armored cars are swinging up from the left flank to get involved as well. Their LOS is blocked by burning tanks to the north. Enemy artillery is dropping on my infantry all around the perimeter, but nothing I can do about it.

Enemy flak trucks are moving up from the rear, so I moved my light tanks up top to fire that them. Both have lost some men, so they won't last long. At least my light tanks are good for something in this battle.

Along the south edge, I'm moving up one Kosmolets to see if it can slow down six advancing enemy squads. The Germans don't need anymore troops in this battle right now.

Now that I started moving Alpha out, three enemy squads appeared heading towards the north objective group. I might have to recall some or all of my troops to cover those. The enemy armored car has been finish off, but the platoon that performed that task still has to get back. They are the ones who spotted the approaching infantry.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 20 casualties.

Enemy: 3xPzKw IIIe 37mm tanks, 1xPzKw IIIe 50mm tank and 1xSdKz 231(6) armored car destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:01 PM

Captain

Turn 12

Just evaluating my forces, it seems like half of Bravo is shattered, but the enemy confront them is just as bad. The immobilized German tank that got pounded by their artillery is as good as dead, because the crew bailed and I hammered them hard with infantry. The lone mobile tank is moving forward to join the others, leaving one immobilized tank there alone.

The enemy main force confronting Charlie lost another tank, but so did I. With the new arrival, they still have six tanks and three tank destroyers around the southern objective group. One of the enemy tanks broke from the group and turned two flags. Charlie's right flank is a mess, but if I can take out the remaining enemy armor, they can move back and retake the objective. I still have five medium tanks, two armored cars and an ATG capable if killing tanks. Also, I've plotted my mortars on the open topped enemy tank destroyers and it should come in shortly. They have been sitting still for a while.

My light tanks finished off the enemy flak trucks and is swinging back to help Alpha, if they need it. They don't have a place in a battle with medium tanks. The infantry advancing on Alpha is taking small arms fire and machine gun fire. Unless more than a platoon shows up, they have no chance.

Along the south edge, one Kosmolets and my HMGs are slowing down the enemy infantry there.

Enemy artillery and mortars are dropping rounds in a number of different locations. The are trying to hit my HMGs down south and also Charlie's light mortar.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xT26 M1939 tank destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIe 37mm tank and 2xSdKfz 10/4 flak trucks destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:37 PM

Captain

Turn 13

Alpha is facing a whole infantry company based on what I see right now. There are eight enemy squads advancing from the west. They shouldn't be a problem, but I really could use this company elsewhere. The enemy is getting hit from the south by light tanks, east by small arms and machine gun fire and by one Kosmolets further north. I'm still working on getting my troops back into position, but they are placed well enough now to hold them off.

That one immobilized enemy tank is having a field day shooting up Bravo. I need to get something over there that can take it out. One enemy platoon was seen heading west toward the south objective group. Some were shot up by my infantry.

The area around Charlie is a mess. Since the enemy controls the area in between, several of my squads ceased to exist. I took some shots at one of the enemy tanks that has broken through with my armored cars. Rounds bounced off and I lost one AC. My infantry FINALLY killed a tank by themselves. As expected, my mortars scored on the tank destroyers, killing one. One of the enemy tanks took some shots at a light mortar near by, cutting down the number of rounds put into the TDs.

My south Kosmolets isn't doing more than harassing the enemy. It isn't putting anyone down, but they are slowing them down.

Incoming mail still hitting around my HMGs.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xBA-6 armored car destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIe 37mm tank and 1xJPz I TD destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:23 PM

Captain

Turn 14

Slowly chewing on enemy infantry around Alpha. All my units that can see them are firing. We are inflicting some casualties on them and they are slowing down their advance. I'm going to bring some light mortar fire in on them as well.

The crew to the last immobilized enemy tank bailed. He will NOT be allowed to get back in. My infantry can focus on dealing with enemy infantry for a change. Bravo is probably under half strength, so they will have to be careful. There is still enemy armor in the area.

Charlie is also about half strength and still at the broken end of the bottle. I believe there are seven enemy armored units on the hill and they have close to two platoons present. My machine guns should keep their infantry contained but I need to destroy their tanks and TDs. My mortars were off target this past turn, so I need to adjust.

The enemy coming up from the south took a casualty or two. I'm going to have to turn some of my HMGs on them as well if they are available.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:46 PM

Captain

Turn 15

Germans moving on Alpha got one of my HMG teams at 500m. They just beat him to death. The enemy took casaulties, also. There isn't much they can do to my light tanks as long as I keep them at a distance. My forces are almost lined up on the reverse slope, so they will draw a lot of fire once they get close to the edge.

Trying to get Bravo regrouped. Life is easier since there are no tanks in the immediate area to deal with. They do have one light tank supporting them. I moved it out to the west to hit any additional enemy infantry that might come up or lay into any pausing to rally. No rallying allowed! Incoming mail did hit one of my HMG sections and sent him running.

Two German tanks managed to turn the rest of the flags of the southern group, but paid with their lives. My mortars got another tank destroyer as well. That should leave them with three tanks and one tank destroyer. Once those are done, all there is to deal with is infantry. One enemy squad did poke through the smoke of the burning tanks and since mine didn't have anything better to do at the time, they laid into him. Last seen running back to Berlin!

Scored better against the infantry swinging up from the south edge. Between my Kosmolets and one HMG team, they got about three or four.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: 2xPzKw IIIe 50mm tanks and 1xJPz I TD destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:32 PM

Captain

Turn 16

More mortar rounds dropping on enemy. They have moved close enough to the edge to draw fire from my troops from the reverse side. My light tanks are moving in and hitting their right flank, which is starting to collapse. Enemy mortars dropped on tanks old position.

Bravo is putting together an east-west line from their old position toward the southern objective group. Any enemy infantry that pops through catches fire from them and tanks. When they run, they run down along the line, catching fire the whole way.

Charlie is still exchanging fire with enemy on hill. They are also getting hit from one tank still up there. I need to take it out and will move my armored car and tank in if the time looks right. One enemy tank did come off the hill heading east and drew a shot from my armored car. It popped smoke and scooted off the the northeast and my ATG took a shot. Mortar rounds still dropping on enemy units on the hill. Incoming maile on my HQ hill. They are targetting my AAMGs which have been firing at enemy and tanks that present themselves.

Still fighting the enemy moving up from the south edge. It is more of a side show, but I am slowing them down.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:56 PM

Captain

Turn 17

Still checking on infantry moving on Alpha. There still seem to be some fresh units coming up, but not enough to make me worry. More than anything, it is just more targets for my light tanks and HMGs. My infantry has traded some fire with a few enemy that get close, but they aren't making it forward in much strength. Most of them are holding their ground and nothing more.

Some of the smoke cleared between Bravo and the Germans, so a lot of small arms fire traded. I've got one tank that had his main gun blown off a while ago, so I'll probably move him up to provide some assistance with his machine guns. My light tank is still hitting the running German units from the back side.

I think the German armor has finally been dealt with. The tank that popped out last turn got finished off by my antitank gun. Another one came through the smoke and had too good holes punched in him. He has turned and is running back east, giving me my three tanks and one ATG a lovely view of his side. He should be done next turn. The last of the enemy tank destroyers was also destroyed by mortar fire. If I'm right, my armor can focus on hitting infantry now. It does look like some fresh units are making it on to Charlie's hill, so my tanks freeing up will come just in time.

Peppering the enemy down south still. A few more down.

Casualties

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIe 50mm tank and 1xJPz I TD destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:21 AM

Captain

Turn 18

Enemy forces are starting to thin on Alpha's front. Sent two to the great beyond. There are only eight within rifle range and of those, only one is in a Ready status. Most of the others are Pinned. I'll focus my light tanks and HMGs on the one who is Ready. I've still got light mortar rounds dropping on them, but the enemy is after my tube. They are dropping 105mm stuff about 100m short.

Moving tanks up to support Bravo. They destroyed the last known enemy tank. Lots of small arms fire still being traded because the occasional fresh or rallied German shows back up on the scene. There is about the remnants of one enemy company from the edge of Bravo's hill and the edge of Charlie's hill. One of my mortars hit center mass of an enemy platoon. The other was a touch off, but could cause some suppression.

My tank and armored car popped up from Charlie's position and sent two enemy squads to the great beyond. I'll have to poke around with my infantry, but the hill is starting to clear. I've got a couple of fragmented squads near the objective group, so I should be able to start turning flags as long as I can rally them enough to move.

It seems like the enemy from the south are breaking contact enough to slide up to the group between Bravo's and Charlie's hills. Those might be the units I'm seeing move into there, since there are only three close to my Kosmolets now.

Casualties

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIe 37mm tank destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.