winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 19th, 2018, 10:52 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: thermal imaging...

In WW2 battles where I am fighting with a dismounted infantry force as the default, then I find an 80x80 battlefield best suits that.

Once the grunts are generally provided with APCs then larger battlefield widths make more sense.

Of course, when the battle is generated you can use the "view map" function to look at it and maybe add more time if you think the map requires it. (The game already hands out more turns on some more difficult or jungly maps etc). Scenarios though are stuck with what the designer input for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old April 26th, 2018, 12:26 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Suhiir just generate the battle & adjust length by 3-5 turns on map screen if you know thats your preference
Old May 16th, 2018, 12:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post

Tbh, nowadays what I would do is use the Hinds that you have IIRC and draw fire from these. They are hard to kill and the moment the Abrams reveal themselves they are dead meat. T80s can kill them then. If they pop smoke, wait until it clears and attack again. Hinds themselves can kill the enemy tanks too if they hit the turret side armor.
Hinds may be hard to kill but now they take damage from Stingers, even from the front. Already had one chased off the map with a point of damage from one. Seems like the last patch made them more effective (assuming "AAA" includes missiles):

" AAA hits on armoured aircraft were screening out most of the damage from the small warheads . AAA fire that hits a target aircraft now has a higher chance of doing damage."
Old May 16th, 2018, 07:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

It does, since it was in the code that determines air damage. MANPADS have smaller warhead size too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2018, 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post

Its a long time since I've played the scenario (I got a marginal victory) [...] It was messy and I had casualties in both infantry and tanks, but I managed to break through the ridge and after that the scenario becomes much easier.
--Spoiler Alert--

Just finished it myself, cutting the ratio for a marginal too close for comfort (6,200:12,740). Had the 3 Leopards taking pothots at a T-80 sticking its snout out from defilade on the penultimate turn not providentially missed it would've been a draw. Whew!

Carelessly lost 3 T-80s coming off the first ridge towards the town--didn't smoke off the next ridge, so they got whacked by Milans from Marders and dismounts across the way. In addition sloppy play like turning tail instead of using the 8-key to scurry for cover and showing flank to Jaegers lost a couple more.

Those Gepard A1s with radar F/C were murder on BTRs; seems they can fire through smoke at ground targets. Meanwhile could hardly spot anything until almost on top of them, sometimes even in the same hex! No sense in plotting air missions without visible targets so the flyboys stayed out of this one.

Anyway good to have this monkey off my back. Might make a full-blooded AAR about it but as you say it was messy. Need to recover from the strain first. Cheers!

Last edited by jivemi; May 18th, 2018 at 08:35 PM..