.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Domain 4? Death?

Shardphoenix is right. The dom strength is not increased. This is probably a bug because as you state, it looks like it increases on the temple screen.

It has been tested though. Both by me and by others. No increase.

It does give a little protection though because the difficulty of removing a candle from a province is based on how many candles there are in the province. A province with 10 candles is rock hard no mater what your starting dom might be.

Personally I *have* seen someone do well with a dom 4 pretender only once. He was playing Caelum though and caelum gets flying, stealthy H2 preachers for only 90g though. H2's can preach up to dom 5 if standing on a temple. This includes enemy temples.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corinthian For This Useful Post:
Old March 25th, 2012, 05:42 PM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road

ok what do you mean by dominion strength? is it the number of candles? Im not sure but every single time i've played and every test I did on it chance was shown with number of candles and at the temple screen.

How did you test it? I might be testing it the wrong way.

My tests: create a single player game 1human vs 1 human. Pick dom 4. indies at 0 start with 9 provinces. 300x gold multiplier. Then you place 4 priests at 4 of your starting provinces. Then fast forward 10-15 turns. Max dominion str=4 no more candles seen in a province than 4. Then, build 4 temples. On the next turn some of your provinces start having 5 candles change is also visible at the temple convesion screen. test futhermore. place 5 priests at the remaining 5 provinces of yours(conquer 1 empty one from indies). fast forward 10-5 turns. No province has more than 5 candles. If you build 5 temples change is visible as some provinces start having 6 candles and there is increase with the temple conversion rates. Everything tested is with the vanilla game.

P.s after some more time provinces got more and more candles on them like 7-8.

On the temple screen though the ammouns of conversion was the same as the other human nation with dominion 6 and no temples.

Last edited by bbz; March 25th, 2012 at 06:04 PM..
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM

First Lieutenant

Also another thing then can you use stone idols at your borders to keep enemy dominion from spreding furthermore( every single time it increases in at the border provinces and (commanders)stone idols decrease it back down.)
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:31 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

By dominon strength I mean the chance that a temple check will generate a new candle + the chance that a candle will dispel an enemy candle. And it is easily checkable. (reasonably)

Just start a game with EA/LA mictlan. No AI's. Dom 1. Blood sac in a temple with no candles near so its easy to count 20 times. Build another 20 temples. Blood sac again 20 times. See if there is a difference in the amount of candles you generates. The result should be statistically significant and show that you will barely get any candles ever. No mater how many temples you build.

Each blood sac is worth 6 temple checks if you use a H3 preacher.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corinthian For This Useful Post:
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:35 PM

First Lieutenant

I see thx.