.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 30th, 2007, 10:21 AM

Captain

Twan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greyhawk mod

It seems using nametype 148 or 149 (presented as available numbers) crashes the game at start. Without the selectnametype 149 (or 148 I tried after) command and an addname "hero" for heroes it works.

I correct that and repost the mod.

Changes :

- changed nation number (70->71, 71->72) to avoid to have Pythium LA units available for Greyhawk
- little changes to units costs, abilities and descriptions
Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM

Captain

A very temporary version (just in case someone wants to test the first pretenders, and to say I continue to work on this mod).

V04b

- ranger lord of Highfolk had 0 leadership (the #copystats + okleader bug) made him goodleader for the moment

- changed Highfolk religion, priests are now druids with N2, ranger lords have N1, so all religious leaders need temple+lab to be built when most elf magic-users (with innate powers = only randoms) can be built in forts without labs (makes the nation more special)

started to design pretenders... (note that it's a conversion mod, so changes affect all nations even vanilla ones)

- many common pretenders disabled*, I'll later use these ids for common Greyhawk pretenders -actually the only one added is the Immortal Knight- ;

* actually all common pretenders or Marignon pretenders removed for The Pale have been made restricted gods of Greyhawk or Highfolk (because they had very few choices without), and I've let the Wyrm available for all (will be changed once all nations have their gods)

- there will mythical giant/monster pretenders will be very rare out of avatars of Greyhawk's gods, undeads, dragons and other appropriate creatures ; several SC-types won't be changed much but will become avatars of corresponding local gods.

- first new pretenders added for The Pale (not all the nation will get)

- human pretenders get a little more hit points, +4 usually (as hit points and size are less linked in general in this mod)

As with the new patch descr and units id limits will be removed (or at least pushed a lot) my project is a (quasi) total conversion mod (all ME nations & most pretenders will* be changed as well as many units used in poptypes, the goal being to make possible a 100% greyhawkian** many nations game -then I'll use all this for a scenarized Oeridia map). Only magic will stay as it is (except perhaps some added national spells).

* hum if/when I find time, count 3 more open ended d6 months ; and if I don't run into another technical limit of course

** note that it's not official Greyhawk(tm) but Greyhawk as in my old AD&D campaign, full of weird player ideas integrated in 10 game years (the Follower of Odin pretender ie was a friend's player character)

I'll wait for next patch to add new nations (because with three more of my half done ones I start to have description limit bugs, and because some usefull commands -ie #patrolbonus and #darkvision- have chances to be added, reducing the huge number of copystats I have to use for some factions).

When I'll find motivation for that I'll also change some units sprites (not really good at making good looking ones, ie the high elf crafter is awfull ; and some units actually use non relevant copysprites -greyhawk's merchant oligarch used a Tien Chi sprite and now looks chinese as the sprite has been changed in vanilla- etc...).

edit : removed attachment (actual mod on first post), when I attach to several messages I always forgot to change one and people end downloading an old version
Old December 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM

Captain

Version 04.c (attached to first message) : added 2 pretenders the prismatic mage and avatar of obad-hai (the two have many shapes, and didn't worked as planned - see the "mysteries of multiple shapes modded monsters" message) but I finally got them working in some way (the prismatic mage finally only uses #secondshape, obad-hai has to wait one turn to change back to first form).
Old December 9th, 2007, 12:42 AM

Captain

Version 0.4d (attached first post)

New common pretenders (Avatar of Xan Yae, Lord of Men, Doppleganger, Avatar of Bleredd)

Finished the special pretenders for the Pale (Avatar of Pholtus, Avatar of Berei, Theocrat, Grandmaster of the Moon, Grandmaster of the Star). Next I'll add some for Greyhawk and Highfolk.

Some minor changes.
Old December 13th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Captain

Default Perrenland (new nation)

A classical human nation of mountaineers, famous for its copper mines, pole armed warriors, sacred berserkers and mercenary bands. Something like the crossbreed of Switzerland and Cimmeria.

Quasi finished (lack heroes and pretenders). In fact the nation was done since last summer, except most sprites were not made, and I've finally find the courage to make them.

Attached alone to this post (will be added to Greyhawk mod after next patch, sprite limits are reached with it + new gods).

ps : the greyhawk folder with perrenland has the sprites of the other nations too
Attached Files
File Type: zip 570505-perrenland.zip (313.3 KB, 101 views)