.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 26th, 2001, 09:34 AM

Default Modified map7a Clays vs 19 challenge

I am still working on adding sphereworlds and one way warp points to map7a, but it occurred to me that before I put too much more effort into it, I should raise this subject. Basically, as you can see from my map6 game at turn 60, I know how to develop an empire with just a few (39) planets which is capable of conquering all 19 AI in about 20-40 turns. What I want is to have 19 players with their own custom races/AI take me on in a PBEM game which would start Sept 15. I will have your empires run controlled by computer using style from race from about a week or two from now until Sept 15, not leaving the nexus 14 systems except to colonize and abandon ruins planets, of which there are plenty to spare. I will take only enough to get all techs. I expect it to be turn 120-150 or so since it took me a month in my map6 game to reach turn 60. I will regularly post the game in the scenario/mod archive so that you can examine my empire and develop your strategy. You would pick up the game at whatever turn I reached at the deadline and have a twenty turn truce period to prepare your empires for war. That should give you time to colonize the entire map except the nexus. I will not permit you to use the nexus, but you can build your own duplicate warp point network during the 20 turn truce period. I only had to add 56 + 21 warp points to build mine. I plan to close the warp points from the six nexus entry systems to the 24 feeder systems on the turn after we start, cutting off all empire contacts. I get to have any colonies and ships/ bases/ units located within the nexus itself at the time you take over from the AI (gift them to me). That should give me some population of other atmospheres to work with, since I expect the AI to colonize at least some of the nexus planets. I will attack through my one way warp points starting on the 20th turn after you take over. I will open the 24 feeders back up on the 30th turn so that you can counterattack. I will not close any existing warp points within the nexus, but may leave the nexus to close/open warps. I will not use any stellar manipulation except warp point, create star, and sphereworld placement. You can use any stellar that you can afford. I expect it to Last about 40-80 turns after you take over at most. A good quick 1-2 month armageddon PBEM. I assume of course that I can convert a turn based scenario into a simultaneous PBEM game. If not then we can figure something out before we start. Playing my development turns by email is a hassle I would not enjoy.

There will be about 300 sphereworlds in the 14 nexus systems and none outside it. They will all start at 100/100/100 mild climate (the default) since I am too lazy to change to 150/150/150 optimal on so many. But as soon as I get the tech I will build climate controls and six value improvements on my sphere colonies. The six nexus entry systems will also each have 14 Huge planets at 150/150/150 optimal to attract population in case the AI does not like the sphereworlds. I will not colonize the huge planets until the turn after you take over. The 24 feeder systems connect to six nexus entry (four each). The six nexus connect to Central two way. Central leads through a one way string to safe systems Gateway to Haven 1 to Haven 2 to Haven 3 to Haven 4 to Haven 5 to Haven 6. There will be one way warp points inside the safe systems leading to every system on the map. The safe systems will have one ways back up the string, except not to the one system that feeds them. I will add about 6200 good large planets using the 20x race 10 planet start technique to bring the capacity of the planets outside the nexus to three times the capacity of the nexus. When I post the map you can examine it and I will make any reasonable revisions wanted unanimously.

Game setup will be as follows :
Event Fequency none
Technology cost medium
Starting resources per player high
Home planet value good
Number of starting planets 10
Evenly distributed through the quadrant
Player can view scores of all players
Technology level for new player Low
Racial points for new players - as agreed either 2000/3000/5000
Computer player difficulty medium
Computer player bonus none
No victory conditions except you beat me or I beat all 19 of you
Allow gifts/tributes
Allow technology gifts/tributes
Allow surrender
Allow intelligence projects
The game will NOT be team mode. When you take over you will of course be a team, but I am not going to try to build this scenario while fighting all 19 AI. Too much hassle. A couple or three wars at a time are enough for me. I will make peace with all possible AI until you take over. You can gift or surrender to other players as you please once you take over. If your empire is killed by the other AI, you are out, but as I said, I will not leave the nexus to attack. I will simply defend it, so most empires should be in pretty good shape.

Changes to settings.txt :
The Mega Evil Empire will be set at 10000k and I will go MEE about 20 turns before you take over. That will give your AI time to make peace with each other and build up their trade pacts.
The maximum units and ships in space per player will be 5000.
The starting empire point storage will be 5000000.
The minimum empire m/o/r will be set at 2000000.
I think the research and intelligence levels are set in your AI files, so that is up to you.

I will be player #1 rock/none and customize my race to whatever racial points we agree to use. I reserve the right to use any combination of racial specials that my points allow. You can use whatever combination you wish too. There will be no races which use nonstandard facility or component files. That would be too complicated trying to merge mods. Of course if one modder can find 19 others to use his mod, then we could play it. But I only have time for developing one game, so that is a less preferred option. You can of course use the map for your own challenge games once it is posted. If we cannot find 19 to accept the challenge, then I will pick races with specials from the TDM-Modpack to fill in for whatever racial specials are not represented.

My race is rated OLD in experience, so I figure it is time to play some humans. Post on this thread and name your empire if you are interested!

[This message has been edited by LCC (edited 26 June 2001).]
Old June 27th, 2001, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Modified map7a Clays vs 19 challenge

Almost a day and no takers ? Okay here are my emp files to be used. I will be a Merchant since the workers bonus is broken. I will NOT pick Psychic so you do not have to worry about allegience subverters. I will pick Ancient Race, Religious, Temporal, Crystallurgy, and Organic. I reduce to minimum on Intelligence, Aggressiveness, Political savvy, and min/org/rad production. I reduce to 80% on physical strength. I stay average on Cunning, Environmental, Happiness, Defensiveness, Construction, and Repair.
At 5000 I buy Reproduction 130% and Maintenance 114%
At 3000 I buy Reproduction 123% and normal on Maintenance
At 2000 I buy Reproduction 113%.
So the only difference at higher points is a higher population productivity and reduced maintenance.

[This message has been edited by LCC (edited 27 June 2001).]