winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old December 31st, 2020, 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for active players to launch a campaign

Hi fellas!
After some hiatus on something bigger I am in proces of preparing a campaign for SPWW2. I am testing this concept with my friend and so far it looks promising.
I would however give you details probably no earlier than in ~2 months.
Still, I would be looking for at least 2 players who:
- Have good playing tempo (preffered 1-2 turns per day)
- Have basic understanding of operational warfare, as certain movements and battles will be taking place outside SPWW2, on hexed strategic map and often in-game battles will be fought against impossible odds
- Are good with all scenario sizes
- Are stable - this campaign will probably be a go for several months with lots of battles
- Optional, but warmly welcome: has different means of communications, preferably voice. It will ease up some activities regarding planning, as well as it is much better for dogfighting mechanics that will resemble tabletop roleplaying game

Whoever played my Tales of Cold Spring 1989 couple years ago should roughly know what I mean. But this one will be rather different, yet there will be certain resemblances.

Anyone interested, let me know here, preferably publically, eventually on PM.
Old December 31st, 2020, 03:57 PM

Private

Kritkeen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for active players to launch a campaign

Hi SaS_Troop,

I'm quite intrigued and interested in what you are proposing here and believe I meet all of your requirements and quite comfortable with voice communication. I'm on US Eastern Time zone if that makes a difference.
Old December 31st, 2020, 08:12 PM

Private

oldrocky is on a distinguished road

I am interested and willing to play as the Germans. I would like to know more about your concept in some greater detail.
Old January 1st, 2021, 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

I am currently testing the concept with my friend on smaller scale (we are playing Unternehmen Sonnenbluhme as a test). I am myself running a series of self-developed games and I intent to borrow what SPWW2 cannot handle by itself. So far looks good.

I will write more about the concept in some time, I currently keep most of my notes in Polish and I will translate them after testing will be roughly far in motion. So I will give you detailed info on game mechanics.

Oldrocky, note however there will be a limited number of Germans available. My concept will cover a "war within a war" that occured in 1944 and 4 nations will be involved in total. It will however be as close to actual force reconstuction as possible.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 03:03 AM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

Are you looking for a play tester against the AI or human vs human?

If you need anything tested against the AI I am experienced and have too much time on my hands.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 10:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

It will be all Player vs. Player, two teams, Allied and Axis, cooperating on their own on tactical map in order to plan and execute the battles that will be solved in SPWW2.

It will be based on real life ORBATs of forces involved in those battles. That mans often one side will fight a battle that cannot be won, but that side would then be fighting to gain time or to inflict casualties on superior enemy, as replacements are much limited and are close to zero.

Examples of ORBATs of the current test (the Sonnenbluhme) can be seen in post #2 and #3 here. Linking the Polish as Google Translate fails to open the "show" buttons to expand the units (but put it through Translate if you need):
http://whendiplomacyfails.pl/phpBB3/....php?f=9&t=452

Here is the example of my simplified tactical map - we are several battles into this campaign now:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
The Following User Says Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old January 26th, 2021, 01:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

OK, details should be there very soon, they are being prepared in English, just as map is prepared. I am attempting to host the campaign on the Blitz, as it would be most convenient - I believe - for all of us, since the Blit runs organized SP games for years now.
Old January 31st, 2021, 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hmm, so far Weasel in unresponsive, I am also a little bit worried that Blitz forums have no [spoiler] script, that allows to hide content. This is useful since this campaign has rather bigger than smaller ORBAT that is listed down to a single company, thus it is a bit of a problem to show you the ORBAT in decent, easy to use way.

In worst case scenario, would you accept going to my place? Simple forums for planning and reference could be created.
I am linking you to how precisely it looks on test campaign so far, there is a single thread covering the ORBATs in non-editable and editable way, and there are the posts covering particular engagement results:
http://whendiplomacyfails.pl/phpBB3/....php?f=9&t=452

Of course your campaign would all be handled in English, top to bottom.
Note that eg. Australian 9th Infantry Division has its divisional symbol and actual division is put in [spoiler] brackets, so that it takes little space and makes the ORBAT post quite easy to read. Under the spoiler you often have further spoilers closing the brigades/regiments of the divisions.

Of course the alternative is to wait for Blitz decisive fellas' decision, I can also provide you ORBAT in differente threads for clarity, just as it was with my last campaign years ago.

Other good news are I have found a possible tool of use to simplify planning over Google Drawings. Google Drawins are super easy to play, but they can also be super annoying, particularly because you cannot attack text to entity, what causes us minor problems when moving around lots of units (you are REALLY cursing on this, trust me).

Let me know what do you think and if it is acceptable for you.
Out of other news, I do have formal intro and invitation ready, ORBATs are halfway there, so is the map, so most formalities could be closed in February.
Perfect number of players would be roughly 5vs5 given the big size of the campaign, but we have certains tools that allow bigger battles go faster than usual.
Old February 1st, 2021, 09:23 AM

Private

Kritkeen is on a distinguished road

I'm okay with using whatever forums or tools which makes yours and ours easier. And getting pretty excited for it