This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 12th, 2007, 12:22 AM

Corporal

MasterChiToes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balance Mod

I am 25 years into my first Balance Mod game. I have already completed all the Research, and was a little annoyed that I couldn't find a "scrap facility type" option in se5. I would favor certain cost increases for higher level techs, especially the way too cheap civic achievements and the progressive upgrades of the final techs of each branch (eg atmosphere converters levels 2+).

The one se5 change I'm most wanting has nothing to do with the Balance Mod... I would like a way to sort component lists and facility lists other than the first built order... maybe with a configurable order via a text file or from the empire screen.

The Balance Mod is a must!
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Sergeant

Romulus68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
MasterChiToes said:
I am 25 years into my first Balance Mod game. I have already completed all the Research, and was a little annoyed that I couldn't find a "scrap facility type" option in se5.
BTW, I think we all asked this question. Scrap Facilty = CTRL K (momentary brain loss.....is that correct?? lol)
Old June 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM

Corporal

MasterChiToes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Romulus68 said:
Quote:
MasterChiToes said:
I am 25 years into my first Balance Mod game. I have already completed all the Research, and was a little annoyed that I couldn't find a "scrap facility type" option in se5.
BTW, I think we all asked this question. Scrap Facilty = CTRL K (momentary brain loss.....is that correct?? lol)
Heh, I wanted to be able to scrap all my research facilities on all my colonies at once... like you could do in SEIV.
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

So why hasn't Aaron incorporated your Balance Mod into Stock SE V? Lets face it, no one plays stock SE V any more. Your mod is the only thing that really makes the game playable for any duration.
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:28 AM

Sergeant

Ironmanbc is on a distinguished road

I bet it will come out after ver 1.49 just as ya see the [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon05.gif[/img]GOLD [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon05.gif[/img] ver comes out LOL
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Corporal

Tim_Ward is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
So why hasn't Aaron incorporated your Balance Mod into Stock SE V? Lets face it, no one plays stock SE V any more. Your mod is the only thing that really makes the game playable for any duration.
+

Legal issues, probably.
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:19 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

Will any of these improvements correct whatever problem there is in creating a sphere or ring world? I really, really want to create one, but in my 1.06 game, I never could find out the correct procedure to make one.
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:03 AM

Sergeant

RCCCL is on a distinguished road

I haven't had the teck levels for a number of versions to create one, but you have to make sure there are enough of the right components, only one star in the system, and make sure there are no non component ships or colonies(and maybe even units)within 6 spaces of the sun.

:Edit:

I forgot to post this, and I don't know if it has been addressed, but in 1.07 I kept running into a problem with ground combat. If during the space combat, while troops are being deployed, a planet launched fighters, and at least one fighter was damaged to a point where it had no movement, but was undestroyed, during ground combat I would be unable to conquer the planet. It seems the fighter would be stored back on the planet after the space combat, but for whatever reason would not be there during ground combat, and if it has no movement it will not launch in subsequent space battles. The only solution I've found is to have ships bombard the planet, at the cost of my own troops, till the lone fighter is destroyed, in which case the planet immediately falls under my control without any further ground combat.
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:32 AM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

Find updated scripts here to fix AI Fighter Bomber designs with no weapons:
http://www.captainkwok.net/files/v108ScriptFix.zip

Note that it will take a bit of time for the race to replace their old fighter bombers.
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:20 AM

Colonel

Q is on a distinguished road

Kwok I observed a strange problem in BM 1.07 with AI team mod:

Until stardate around 2012.0 the team mod seems to function as expected with no combats occuring (according to the red bars during turn processing) between AI empires. Every AI empire is at war with me. Now something changed as I observe several combats between AI's and if I control the treaties between them, they change almost every turn between "no treaty" and some kind of treaty. No war declaration between AI's but no treaty is of course enough to trigger combats. I am still at war with every AI empire.
Do you know how the AI team mod is suppose to work?
Is this something for MM to fix or something in BM?