.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 7th, 2006, 08:09 AM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Confused about Dom3 Release news

Does anyone know more about that "Battleground Editor"? Is it just cosmetic?
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

All I can think about "age" is that it might offer another way to balance the better mages and maybe heroes. Yes you can get a great mage, but he is old and will die soon?
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old May 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

tinkthank is on a distinguished road

Right, well thanks for these replies.
Although I may be mistaken, I have the feeling that there are others out there (in this thread alone: Endoperez and Chazar) who have views not very dissimilar to mine. This indicates to me that I am not totally crazy in my reactions to the news release. For me, this is both somewhat dissapointing and strange from an economic point of view. Unlike Gandalf, I am not willing to support "Yes I like your game and believe in you enough to provide money in advance to help the new version come into existence" *unconditionally*. Of course I liked Dom2, and of course I would like to help a new incarnation, but trust must be bred mutually, and so far, I feel somewhat let down by Illwinter, mostly in terms of their transparancy. (Note: This does not mean "I don't like them" or "I dont trust them" or "I wont buy Dom3" or any such nonsense. I mean simply that I have not been hearing from them that which I would have liked to hear, both to garner my trust and to get me interested in Dom3, as well as to encourage me to pre-order.) I will have to wait for the demo, and hope. Grün ist die Hoffnung.
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Chazar said:
As "Major Changes" I would regard things like proper terrain effects or obstacle on the battle grounds, a new unit attribute, a new resource, proper modelling of the different native races within a province and their migration, new buildings with a proper function, a renewed yet manageable battle setup, etc. ...so anything which directly alters gameplay. Something that is not straightforward to guess and what would make me curious!
I think these are all fine ideas, IMO. Tho from the info we have at hand I dunno if we can extrapolate on the existence of any of them.