.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old March 26th, 2003, 03:25 AM

Corporal

Akachaki is on a distinguished road
Default Mod ideas

I got a few ideas about mod that i would like to make but i can't make them all. The first one (probably the most stupid) is a story about a cook (the only class that would be disponnible) that lives in a kind of world where evrything is about food . for exemple, food weapons and building made of jello, etc. this cook would have to destroye the boss of all the evil food creatures that would have infested the basement of a kitchen.

The second one would be a larger idea. The different classes would be different planes model. In the game you would control the plane and you would be flying around and destroying other planes. the food would be the gaz of the plane, etc.

It's may be easy to talk about a mod idea but making one is an other thing wich is hard. i made a test mod to try different aspect of modding and im stuck at making my own dungeon , i can't even make the map works.

Anyway , it would be good if people would post their mod ideas here , it's always interesting to hear about a mod idea. modding dungeon odyssey is realy creative and it can creat amazing mod, possibilities are endless.

Justin
Old April 8th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod ideas

How about a space combat mod? (Applies to trek, wars, b5, etc)

Firstly, your health represents "hull integrity".
You mana represents the amount of power available from your reactors and batteries.
The spells form most of your technology, using up power to operate.
You would have protection spells act as shields, speed spells to represent engines, and various offensive spells to form all manner of turbolasers, phasers and etc.
Bows could be turned into torpedo launchers and other limited-ammo weapons.
Fighters could be launched via summoning, but they wouldn't really be able to be recalled.

Armor could be the class of ship you're in, and give appropriate modifiers to your hull strength, speen, regen rates and more. Like a pirate, if you find a better ship, you get to take over and sell the old one for scrap. Having no armor would be the equivalent of an escape pod, say.

Helmets, buckles, boots, rings, and gloves could all be turned into custom equipment packages, including long range sensors and repair droids.
Naturally, the world map would be dark, and the sensors would be enchanted +light objects.

Swap the grass with starmaps, the mountains with asteroid belts, the swamps with nebulae, and so on. The worldmap could represent the galaxy, quadrant, or hyperspace, while the first level of dungeons are the individual starsystems, complete with planets and asteroid belts and hostile aliens.

A second level of dungeon would allow you to zoom into a single planet to gather treasure and talk to the natives.
Old April 8th, 2003, 11:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Sheesh, trying to make DO into se4!

[ April 08, 2003, 10:27: Message edited by: Imperator Fyron ]
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old April 28th, 2003, 10:46 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Akachaki:

It's may be easy to talk about a mod idea but making one is an other thing wich is hard. i made a test mod to try different aspect of modding and im stuck at making my own dungeon , i can't even make the map works.

Justin
What exactly is the problem with the mapmaking process? post it here and I'm sure someone could try and fix it.

The most important thing for maps is the connection types of the tiles, it can get really out of hand if you have too many different types, since you need to make tiles with most of the possible combinations. ( I think you can skip some, the mapgenerator seems quite good at puzzling something together from the pieces it has) I have made a map with 4 different connection types (0, 1, 2, 3) which means you need an enormous amount of tiles just to get a working map.

Anyhow as for the original topic, I'm working on a module right now, which will use new maps but the old character/items/magicsystem etc. Can't say too much about the story yet but It will involve a graveyard and a lot of zombies :-). about 25% finished...

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5
Old June 3rd, 2003, 12:51 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

i like sj's idea. spaceships. narf.
i think a big huge map that takes up a continent would be good a good mod to.

[ June 02, 2003, 23:52: Message edited by: narf poit chez BOOM ]
Sig updated to remove non-working links.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 05:05 AM

Sergeant

Katchoo is on a distinguished road

I haven't even bought the full Version of DO yet and i've got a mod in the works

Beware! A Superhero mod within the DC Universe is in development.

I'll post some pics down the road when i've got a good collection done.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 05:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

naaarf
Sig updated to remove non-working links.
Old June 10th, 2003, 04:03 AM

Sergeant

Here are some members of the Justice League of America:

JLA.gif

Starting from the bottom left and going up:
The Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Batman, Aquaman, Wonderwoman, PLastic Man, and Green Arrow.

Hopefully David won't mind my using his Picture Worktiles (from another thread) as a reference

Right now the plan for the MOD is for the user to create a villian and to embark upon a life of crime. You'll start off taking jobs from the low level bad guys and make your way up to the higher baddies in the food chain. And of course, there will be an endless supply of Superheroes, Police, and Civilians to get in your way.

I figure being a bad guy is more fun than being a good guy. Afterall, when you're walking down the street to rob a bank, you can slap around a few civilians! The good guys just can't beat that kind of entertainment.

Comments?

I'll post more pictures as they come off assembly line.
Old June 10th, 2003, 12:41 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road

Hi, Katchoo

Very nice Heroes there, great job.

Btw I don't mind in the least if you used the workscreens I posted. That is after all why I decided to share them.

One thing I'd like to point out for when you get ready to save them as individual monster bmp's,..

MonsterWork2.gif

Looking at the above workscreen, in the bottom left of the screen there are a couple of layout guides for the placement of the monsters on the bigger (54x54) tile. The ones beside the purple worm have the outline of the gorund tiles so that you can place the monster in reference to that, or if you are making 32x32 tiles, below the screaming tree is a layout of where to place the 32x32 tile within the 54x54 one. Oh, and be sure to turn the light pink outline around your heroes to the transparent color of RGB 255,000, 255.

I hope this little bit of info help, keep up the fantastic work, and most of all have fun.

Cheers!
Old June 10th, 2003, 07:51 PM

Sergeant

Will do David, and thanks!

I'll post a better picture of the Justice League later (re: bigger) so when you zoom onto it it doesn't get so blurry.