.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 25th, 2007, 06:15 PM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Map List

Quote:
NTJedi said:
The map of the world is unbalanced.
One area provides great gold and magic sites.
As we all know, the real world is perfectly balanced for multiplayer. Good thing we can be happy with what we've got in our own countries and don't have to invade others!
Old October 25th, 2007, 11:34 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Morkilus said:
Quote:
NTJedi said:
The map of the world is unbalanced.
One area provides great gold and magic sites.
As we all know, the real world is perfectly balanced for multiplayer. Good thing we can be happy with what we've got in our own countries and don't have to invade others!
I never said the real world is perfect, but anyone who's played on the listed world map knows a specific section of the map is 'seriously' unbalanced. It's not a small amount of unbalance it's a significant noticeable amount.

It's a good thing some countries don't do wars like they were done 100+ years ago... loot, rape, pillage, and kill everything not on your side. BTW... you should stop invading others.
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:56 PM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road

A thread link to my World of Warhammer map(s):

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Here's a gloomy 6-player map I made:

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...&Number=564069
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

Gang wars 1.00

The Story:

"You are a stranger in town, a strong, evil stranger and you want power, LOTS of power. The cityguard could be a way.. a LONG, SLOW way to power, and long and slow just isn't like you. The King isn't going to give you his power either, and you hate him for it already, ow yeah, he'll pay too. And religion.. is not the thing for you, except to be worshipped by your minions as they spread your gangs dominion over the city. Take the power you deserve. And the money. And the lives you need to take to get whatever else you want.TO PLAY THIS GAME:
1. create at least 4 nations
2. use The King, The Church and The Nobility as 3 of those and set them to computer controlled, do not choose The City Guard as a nation.
3. Create a slot for your own nation, set it on human.
4. If you want other gangs competing for power in the city create a maximum of 4 other nations.
5. Use an awake pretender (and some combat qualities might be usefull) as your gangleader carving your name in the annals of the city"
--
All water-nations, MA/LA Ermor and MA Tien Chi are disabled. The nations which are used as the resident powers in the city are MA Pythium/Man/Ulm and Marignon and are thus not playable either.

The Map:
the map looks like this: see first post

The map is out NOW!! please play it

The general idea behind the map:
You arrive in a city and start to creat a gang (nation) to take it over. The King in his castle obviously has troops too, as do the Church and the Nobility 2 powers already in the city, fighting for control within the city walls. On the gates the City Guard is posting and preventing scum like gangs like yours to enter the city. Obviously the city guard is at peace with everyone... as long as gangs don't try to cross the gates.

--> The map will be is campaign/RP sort of map with a lot of pre-made quarters where specific people live (and fight to prevent you taking it over).
--> You and (if you want) some opposing gangs start outside the walls, to cross the gate means fighting the guards. To cross the gates also means entering the domain of the Church and the Nobility.
--> The king resides in the castle and is happy enough to stay there if undisturbed, but of course.. to be the boss of all means the king cannot be allowed to live. And who doesn't want to live in his nice castle
--> There is a victory point in the Kings castle so playing for VP or cumulative VP is an option too. Personally I think playing for 10-15 cumulative VP would make the end game a nice "King of the Hill" play.

The new file is attached to this post, DL, play and enjoy

thread for gang wars map + download
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:04 AM

Sergeant

Zylithan is on a distinguished road
Default Caves and Corners

Pimping my new map.
FULL THREAD:
http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Been tested, good for 4 players, either free-for-all or teams.

Screenshot:
Topside:

Caverns:

Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:45 AM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

Added a note to the thread topic about Zylithan's website. A great resource with a lot of potential. (Thanks Zylithan!)

1/2/08:
Zylithan has created a great website for collecting & providing feedback on maps at dom3maps.wikidot.com
Be sure to check it out. If you see a map that deserves a review, review it! If your favorite map is missing from the list, add it!
Map Forge - Map editor
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Ha!

I have made my first review. Played a bit of SP during christmas.

Nice website!
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Private

LordCalvert is on a distinguished road

This is a map request, not exactly part of a map list.

My son and I would like to work on an SCA mod where the 17 North American SCA kingdoms would duke it out (so to speak) in D3 and possibly add the 2 non-North American kingdoms once we figure out how to get them in. However, neither one of us are terribly competent graphic artists.

What I would like is a Dominions-style map of North America of relatively large size running roughly from the Arctic Circle in the north to the US-Mexican border in the south. The Caribbean islands are not necessary but adding Hawaii would be a nice touch (not necessarily to scale). The provinces do not have to be created. We will do that based on SCA geography and resources. The final map should probably scaled sufficiently sized to be in the 500-750 province range when completed. Another version which has Europe, Australia and New Zealand added (but necessarily out of scale) would be welcome however we want to see if the concept works with the North American region.

Obviously, once we work on the mod we will post it so that it is available to all. It is our way of getting more of the medieval reenactment community involved in this game in a fun and unusual way.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Someone made a dom2 map from a satellite phot of N. Am.

http://www.illwinter.com/dom2/maps.html

There was also a map for dom -ppp of N.Am. I don't think I have it any longer. Our link is dead anyway.

One of these might be used as a basis for a new map.