.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old February 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM

Corporal

Globu is on a distinguished road
Default Avernum, Crystal Souls v1.6 (MA) - UPDATE Feb. 16, 2010

(This version is now obsolete. I am maintaining the current version at the new forums, here.)

Having a few updates and fixes for Sombre's Avernum mod, Humakty and I have been authorized by Sombre to maintain and update it, and release the new version in a separate release thread. This is that thread.

Feedback is welcome.

Preview Image

Avernum, Crystal Souls
Middle Era nation mod for Dominions 3

Original Author: Sombre
Version 1.6 Maintainers: Globu and Humakty

Original release post and premise:

First let me start by saying I have obtained permission from spiderweb to use some graphics from their Exile series, provided the mod is only for our private use (the frequenters of this forum). Spiderweb make a number of excellent old-skool RPGs and I strongly suggest you check out their stuff at http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com

This mod adds the Middle Era Avernum nation to Dom3. Avernum is an underground nation of exiles and their new masters the Vahnatai. I have altered things quite a bit from the story of the Exile series in order to fit better with the feel of Dom3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: A new Middle Era nation based on the Exile series by Spiderweb Software. The mod contains a large amount of new graphics and the nation is densely packed with new content. Vahnatai and immobile crystal souls rule over an alliance of Nephils (cat people), Slith (lizard people) and Avernites (humans). Includes 6 trog national summon spells.

Strengths:
Varied selection of both infantry and commanders
Nephil stealth armies
Very powerful and varied magic
Semi-Amphibious Slith armies
Great research ability
Summonable trog superheavy infantry

Weaknesses:
Generally expensive
Best mages all have drawbacks
Extremely vulnerable to missile fire
High risk sacreds
Capital centric nation
No cavalry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version history and other information can be found in the notes in the Avernum.dm file, as well as (in relation to v1.5 and previous) in Sombre's original release thread.

However, the version history for v1.6 and on is as follows:

-- Version 1.6 (changes made by Globu and Humakty)

-- FIX - Avernite Mage and Avernite Captain nametypes fixed. Changed name type of Avernite Archmages to be consistent with those of Avernite Mages.

-- FIX - Avernite Captain's equipment changed to reflect the description's statement that they are equipped the same as their troops.

-- FIX - Avernite Archers and Avernite Captain granted patrol bonus 1 in line with their descriptions and rationale.

-- TWEAK - All Vahnatai Mages and Avernite Archmage magic schemes changed to incorporate random picks.

-- TWEAK - Unit ID numbers moved from 2760-96 to 2960-96 to make for compatibility with CBM and the Lizardmen, Skaven, Bretonnia, Tomb Kings and Wood Elves mods.

Last edited by Globu; February 4th, 2011 at 11:52 AM..