Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Markata Madness, all age game (killing in process) - Page 3 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Markata Madness, all age game

You only have to do it once. If you can duplicate a monkey nation using mod commands (copying everything) then a script can copy/paste it with new numbers many times. I can do that if you want. It would have to avoid any matches with numbers used in the other mods but in this case Im not sure how much the other mods would be needed.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
You only have to do it once. If you can duplicate a monkey nation using mod commands (copying everything) then a script can copy/paste it with new numbers many times. I can do that if you want. It would have to avoid any matches with numbers used in the other mods but in this case Im not sure how much the other mods would be needed.
Given the limits in the OP, it doesn't even need to be the full nation. Just make the relevant units.

The hardest part is going to be the national spells, since there's a limit on how many nations can share a national spell. The easy solution is to make the spells *not national*, since every nation is going to be monkeys anyway.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:16 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Well, in keeping with the theme the national spells aren't really needed anyway since you're supposed to use literally nothing but markata.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:17 PM

BANNED USER

Tollund is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can get more available nations, I'd gladly join in and take a chance at getting to play with the most powerful units available. The only question I have is if we are going to waste gems summoning things that are far less powerful than markata.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Oh still a joke game? I was looking forward to playing Markata seriously in a balanced game.
A full game of Stealth vs Swarm.
Well maybe I will add the idea to the "On The Fence" thread of game variant ideas.
I like the realization that Squirreloid said in such a game the national spells wouldnt have to be national, since that was one of the mentioned problems with the Duped-Nations variant.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:31 PM

General

Nah, no summons just monkeys.

I'm going to have to wait and get this done later when I have more time. I'm probably going to have pyg help me create copy nations so there can be more than 3 players. Anyone who wants to play go ahead and continue saying so, I will mark you down and see how many people I can squeeze in.

Also, anyone who can give me unit IDs for monkey nation heroes, I am planning on replacing all of those with markata, so knowledge of said numbers would be very handy.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Major General

Ok, first of all I absolutely must play this.

Second: Rdonj - don't use the 'base' nation, it will just complicate things. Make a bunch of mod monkey nations and use purely those. That way you don't need to know the ID of the heroes, you can simply define markata heroes for your mod nations.

Third: Gandalf - you think this is a joke? The all-powerful markata shall rule the world, one poo fling at a time!
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:36 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Let the insanity continue. Here is 87 copies of Kailasa without the national spells (87 is max because of special monster and independent nations).
Attached Files
File Type: zip madness.zip (14.9 KB, 49 views)
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:36 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Oh still a joke game? I was looking forward to playing Markata seriously in a balanced game.
A full game of Stealth vs Swarm.
Well maybe I will add the idea to the "On The Fence" thread of game variant ideas.
I like the realization that Squirreloid said in such a game the national spells wouldnt have to be national, since that was one of the mentioned problems with the Duped-Nations variant.
What do you mean a joke game. This thread is SERIOUS.

Anyway, like I said, I'll work on this later.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyg View Post
Let the insanity continue. Here is 87 copies of Kailasa without the national spells (87 is max because of special monster and independent nations).
Just make them not national...