Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:35 PM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modeling Polish 10th Motorized Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Right now based on that last bit of information I built 7 man sections and added the MC to the company sized formation. That gives a 28 man platoon which is closer than 4x6 = 24 man platoons. One squad has an added ATR.

Don
I haven't been able to find any better information about the 10th, I suppose the major differences between the Warsaw and 10th brigades in re the motorized regiments boils down to Warsaw having the recon tankettes but no HMGs at the squadron level, versus the 10th having no recon tankettes but having two HMGs per squadron.

While I still think the Warsaw numbers are a bit light for the 10th they are closer than anything that can be currently modeled with the 4.5 spobs. Are we going to see an addition of these units and formations in the next update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
There is already is a unit with 2 wz.30 HMG's ( 159 ) I'll see if renaming that works or whether just building a new one works better
According to the information on the struktury site Tony mentioned earlier, the squadron MG platoons for the 10th motorized would be pretty closely modeled by the Para MG formation currently in the OOBs. Only difference is that the struktury info would be two eight man sections each with one HMG while the Para MG formation is one eight man section with two HMGs plus two four man scout sections.

Either way, in the interests of simplification, could the HMG platoon be added on the end of the company so that for the Warsaw brigade you could just eliminate it while leaving it in if doing the 10th?

I did run across one piece of information that gives a clue as to why this level of information is so hard to come by and why sources often conflict: "Commander of the units were not krępowani posts and have the right to movement within its own units" ie unit commanders could reorganize however they wanted!

Thanks,
Brian