BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old December 25th, 2013, 06:15 PM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road
Default win 7 speeed issue

I've got an issue when playing both SPMBT and SPWW2 with Win 7. I can't adjust the scroll speed or game play, no matter how I change the initial settings. The scroll will move about 10 hexes, screen-freeze, then jump ten hexes screen-freeze, and repeat over and over. I can not get a smooth slide across the screen.

If I move a unit and it is fired upon, I hear the firing. a couple of seconds later the round will appear on the screen, there will be a sound detonation, and a couple of seconds later the explosion or smoke-ball will appear.

I am loading from the discs. I'm not real strong in computer language skills. I've looked through the manual and as much as I can I have searched this forum. I can respond through email so we don't clutter this board if I can get someone to help me trouble shoot.

Thanks,
carp
Old December 25th, 2013, 11:34 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: win 7 speeed issue

Stick to one post so we don't repeat.
As said try switching all game sound off to see if that changes anything.
Switch off animations to to see if that's the issue.
Make sure intro is switched off.
Run it in windowed mode not full screen, use desktop as that's probably your graphics cards preferred ratio.

Check your system is up to date, video & sound drivers etc

What do you mean I am loading from disks? You do not need the disks to play only to install.
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:59 PM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road

Sorry if i have two posts. This forum format has never been intuitive to me. I am loading from discs because I bought the game(s). It's not just one machine. I have three laptops, all with win7. I have tried windowed and full screen. I can get one of the three to run the game(s) and that one is slow, delayed and crashes the video. All should be up to date. I have been playing since the first box SP came out and I have followed Camo etal since inception and have never had problems like this.

I have shut off animations, and any switch I can but no go. When I start the game(s) on the laptops on two of them I get real brief messages that something can not load and the game(s) crash. I have no idea how to recapture that text so I can forward to you all.

I have been running the desktop since forever and not one problem but right now I am kind of dinged up and desktop time is very limited so I'd like to get the laptops up and running. Tell me what I need to send you for a systems check and how to get it and I will. This is maddening.
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:07 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Turn "show Introduction" to OFF on GameOptions. That will turn the splash screen off, and as I recall somewhere in the past discussions, some Windows 7 machines do have an issue with DirectShow (The Microsoft standard multimedia interface) - some Windows 7 DirectDraw drivers weren't updated properly or some such?.

Anyway - turn that off and you save a few seconds on game start-up anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: