winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 16th, 2019, 03:19 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I'm watching several tank programs VERY closely as most of you know. Of them I feel at this time only four of them will make the game before the games end date. And they are in order of my assessment the following...

1. M1A2 SEP3/2.Indias ARJUN Mk 1A (That might narrowly beat the ABRAMS.) both within the next year./3. France with the new LeClerc SCORPIAN XLR and 4. UK CHALLENGER 2 Black Knight (These will be close as well.). The following marks a milestone of sorts for my fourth selection. I to STRONGLY AGREE with the word "could" from the bottom of the article. Also including the "data sheet sort of", for the tank as well.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/june...t_venture.html
https://www.armyrecognition.com/dvd_...ack_night.html

The next is a "code word" of sorts as well...

I intend to enjoy my (Our.) first weekend off in four months I hope you all enjoy yours!!

Happy Fathers Day!! At least to the U.S. contingent.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:19 AM

Sergeant

oragus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

I must say your efforts are commendable Pat. But, I also must say, you and Don suck at "retirement". Lol. Get off and stay off the forums for a while. Enjoy the "break" or "retirement", you guys deserve it. This place does not need monitored by you guys. You stated your intentions and those that don't understand that can post away and not get answered by you guys but the senior forum rats. Lol. Get outta here already. Lol

Last edited by oragus; June 17th, 2019 at 02:59 PM..
Old June 17th, 2019, 02:33 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I not rat!
I Fairy !

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old June 17th, 2019, 03:01 PM

Sergeant

oragus is on a distinguished road

...ok...and senior forum "fairy"
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:07 PM

Lieutenant General

Dat rite!

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

I SEE CLARIFICATION IS NEEDED HERE! I'm pretty sure that post said I would retire from the game in 2025 (Late.)/2026 (Very Early.) under the following conditions...

1) That'll be the last year for submissions as the game ends in 2025. I plan to submit Patch's, and you know where, until that time with or without formal patches being released. My last post brings up those possibilities as I've laid it out. I feel there is some equipment already in for current or later start dates that might not see the light of day. I know many of you can and would tutor those who can't adjust your own games OOB's should you desire to do so with the information I will endeavor to provide. I might need that help myself. Bottom-line for me if it hasn't reached FOC I'm DELETING it.

2) Those dates also meet my time horizon. Social Security shows I've been working since I've been 14. Experience has shown if you come "To All Stop" you'll "STOP" not long after. I intend to "Spin Down" over time so my body and mind can make a healthier adjustment. I do have a plan, which quite honestly, some of you "old timers" should already know. I am by definition a planner, that includes for the unexpected as well as much as I will have control of that situation.

I like it when "nautical" terms can be useful!?!

So my apologies in advance, but, you'll just have to get used to me being around for awhile longer!?!

It's not become a job to me yet, however I do have to get ready for work.

I hope you all have a GREAT WEEK!

Regards,
Pat

Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; June 18th, 2019 at 12:42 PM..
Old June 18th, 2019, 02:18 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Experience has shown if you come "To All Stop" you'll "STOP" not long after. I intend to "Spin Down" over time so my body and mind can make a healthier adjustment. I do have a plan, which quite honestly, some of you "old timers" should already know. I am by definition a planner, that includes for the unexpected as well as much as I will have control of that situation.
Good advice for many aspects of life!

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:11 PM

Lieutenant General

Things are still tracking along for the U.S. Airborne forces as they are heading towards a "Rendezvous with Destiny" (101st) as it's ready to go "All the way!" (82nd) in providing fire support to it's troops on the ground. These are by way of an update to a story I've been tracking for awhile. There is a possibility that we could see the Army's final choice at FOC in the final year of the games time table. The first was reposted to the site given more recent updates from other sources.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/octo..._division.html
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...ts-formations/

It looks like they'll try to arm it with the 105mm (Preferred.), has to meet the requirement for a C-17 GLOBEMASTER III to be able to air drop two of them and weigh no more then 40 tons.
https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-She...obemaster-iii/

That airdrop video is always fun to watch!

In the meantime, and here's a switch, U.S. Airborne troops will be using "second hand" USMC LAV-25 A2 (I believe this is the same one I submitted for the last patch with improved FCS & TI/GSR inline with the USMC FEP for their M1A1 tanks.) which is a lot better than what they had which, was nothing, since the SHERIDAN's were deactivated in 1997.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...mored-vehicles

Time for lunch and off to work-"TGIF" (Mine anyway!)!!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; July 6th, 2019 at 12:19 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old July 6th, 2019, 10:53 PM

Lieutenant General

The LAV is a good vehicle for the Airborne. They have to deal with many of the same issues the USMC does. Size/volume, mass, etc.

Old July 12th, 2019, 02:55 AM

Lieutenant General

I think the way to do this is to remind everyone that when a major power sells a piece of equipment the buyer does not expect to get all the "perks" of that piece of equipment that the seller enjoys. I provide a couple of examples:

1. AH-64E GUARDIAN/or APACHE GUARDIAN: The foreign sales versions DO NOT have the same FCS that the USA ones are equipped with. The ones TAIWAN and INDIA etc. have gotten are equipped with the same FCS system that the AH-64D APACHE LONGBOW is equipped with and we're converting to the "E".

2. ABRAMS: Foreign sales AMBRAMS are not shipped with the DU armor we have on ours now. This would again included the FCS and more in this case.

3. With more to come, the RUSSIAN T-90M is a better tank then the foreign sales T-90MS. Don't get me wrong, the T-90MS is a very good tank, but it's not the T-90M.

4. The FCS should cover TI/GSR*FC*LRF*STABILZER these are the Sub-Systems that make up the FCS. The total package is what I consider when I submit my numbers for a piece of equipment.

Sometimes these issues get lost out here and is why when doing OOB work, you have to always keep these differences in the back of your mind. Copy from the supplier and modify it, especially for more current versions of say the ABRAMS by way of an example.

So I'm excited by the next bit of news as TAIWAN has just gotten over a major hurdle the get what is called the M1A2T. But this is a "cautionary tale" as they've been here before. That being said, I think it's the best shot they've had in about 20yrs to get the ABRAMS. From DID with the full article following as Ref. 2:
https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sale...o-m1a2t-abrams
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...updated-02834/

Hitting the rack. Have a great day!!

Regards,
Pat

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: