.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spells

I have questions about 3 spells..

1.Rigor Mortis... I understand that it only reffects 1/2 of the battlefield. A. Is it a random 1/2 and will casting it more than once cover the whole firld?

2. Wither bones...I would suspect it would also concern the castor if he was undead (such as POD).

It says nothing about 'Magic Negates' so I take it strong magic resistiance does not stop it.

3. Meloncholia...it sets sloth scales to -3 lowers Dom by 1 to 2 points and makes troops pass a double roll or they desert.

My questions are...IF you are in your own dominion then will it also lower the DOM 1 to 2 points (wouldn't think so).

Same with Sloth -3 especially if it is already set to sloth -3.

And last...can you stack the spell in enemy domain and drop the Dom sau 2 to 6 points?

I was reading the rols they have to pass on page 212 in order not to desert and I guess I don't understand them.

Anyone out there familiar with these spells?

Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:30 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrudgeBringer View Post
I have questions about 3 spells..

1.Rigor Mortis... I understand that it only reffects 1/2 of the battlefield. A. Is it a random 1/2 and will casting it more than once cover the whole firld?

2. Wither bones...I would suspect it would also concern the castor if he was undead (such as POD).

It says nothing about 'Magic Negates' so I take it strong magic resistiance does not stop it.

3. Meloncholia...it sets sloth scales to -3 lowers Dom by 1 to 2 points and makes troops pass a double roll or they desert.

My questions are...IF you are in your own dominion then will it also lower the DOM 1 to 2 points (wouldn't think so).

Same with Sloth -3 especially if it is already set to sloth -3.

And last...can you stack the spell in enemy domain and drop the Dom sau 2 to 6 points?

I was reading the rols they have to pass on page 212 in order not to desert and I guess I don't understand them.

Anyone out there familiar with these spells?

Thanks
Rigor mortis affects 1/2 randomly, every turn. When cast, it puts up a sign for a battlefield anchentment (irc). There is no additional purposes for multiple castings. Every turn - everything on the battlefield is checked to be affected.

As for melancholia: multiple castings will lower dominion. [Hmmmm: idea!]. Works better with Dark Skies however.

I'm doing it from memory but more or less it goes like: they have to pass a roll to be affected by the spell; up to like 35% are; then they pass a mr *not* to be affected, then a morale check to desert.