.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEV Modders Knowledge Base

Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM

Private

scifier is on a distinguished road
Default Supplies and Ordnance as Cargo

Hi. I'm new to this forum and new to Space Empires, though I have played around with modding the Total War series and Hearts of Iron 2, so have a little bit of familiarity with modding text files. I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to in searching the site. The answer may already be there but I couldn't find it. I am trying to make a change in the files that would allow freighters to pick up supply or ordnance from a planet and transport it to another planet. As far as I can see the game does not treat these two categories as cargo. It seems kind of silly that these two categories cannot be transported, say from an inner system that really does not have any warships floating around in it to an active system on a combat front where ships are sucking up all the supplies and ordnance. Does anyone have an idea on how to make these things transportable by freighter? Tried the Balance Mod which in the description said there were more things that could be tranported in cargo, but found that freighters would not load supplies or ordnance there either. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:41 AM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supplies and Ordnance as Cargo

They are treated as cargo - the key is having the "open space" to transport them - ie nearly empty supply/ordnance storage bays.

Not sure how well remote drop/load orders will work with supplies/ordnance though.

For the Balance Mod, consider having your colony ships carry surplus supplies/ordnance so the colonies they found have an ok base to refuel a few ships before a Supply Depot of two can be built in the system.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM

Private

OK, so I would have to put Supply and Ordnance components on a freighter let's say, which would be full when added. Then when I go to a planet I could offload some of the supplies ordnance in the components, which would then have empty space, allowing the freighters to load up on more supplies and/or ordnance when visiting a planet which has supplies and/or ordnance. Is that correct?
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

Yes, that would be the idea.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM

Private

Thanks Captain. I was looking for something more complicated. Unfortunately this game would need a manual the size of Webster's Dictionary in order to cover every aspect of the game. But it's fun learning as I go.