.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 21st, 2007, 11:55 PM

Corporal

Aleph is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ermor LA Start

The master liche also has an additional misc magic item slot. It's a modest bonus, to be sure, but can save you a lot of points on the right build - if nothing else, it's notably cheaper to buy the earth levels needed for a crystal coin than it is to buy astral 6 up from 5 (since rings, skullcap give +3) and then you have earth magic to boot.

I'm willing to believe that Graeme's little finger knows more about Dominions than I do, but that at least is one possible case where master liche comes out ahead. If you want an SC chassis, the queen is obviously better (although I'd guess the Prince, though not immortal, is a much better choice than either for initial expansion needs).
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:19 AM

Corporal

TirAsleen is on a distinguished road

well, PoD's only problems are afflictions he cannot be healed as undead so he needs always the chalice or gift of health. Risking him in big battles is......well too risky I tend to rather use hordes of undead troops and the pretender cast rituals and search for magic sites, SC is not really needed with ermor, you win by numbers and you can create enough thugs by summoning wraith lords and maybe even using the Tartarian Gate, if the map is big. Try make a Tatarian Monstra your prophet, it starts with flying and 300hp! if its dead its not that bad you lost 10 death gems. Your God on the other site better should be protected as he can do quite a lot each turn with high magic paths.

While Lich Queen is a good choice i am not fully convienced she is the best choice as i do not see why fighting with Pretender is the best solution when you have thousands of other units doing exactly that, certainly not a no brainer... if we would talk about dom2 i would agree, not here though as things on Master Lich have changed quite a lot.

And as said before, if Ermor LA would start with a Dusk Elder it would allow for much more Pretender customization, it would not be very effective, but players would have a choice, that would not totally cripple them. Anyways, i try now some impossible AI's with imprisoned Ermor Pretender Fair enough against the AI.

Just weird, that only Ermor really requires an awake Pretender with death magic path of at least 2, why force it?
Old March 22nd, 2007, 04:30 AM

Corporal

TirAsleen is on a distinguished road

In my game with imprisioned pretender and ashen empire i did well enough luck3 gave me 2 heroes, unfortantely it seems most heroes do have just priest lvls but no death magic paths, i only know that wraith lord has death3 at least. With him the whole issue having no pretender early would be no more. Some more heroes with at least death path +2 could work too.