.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 30th, 2011, 04:55 AM

Private

Saeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shades_of_Green, running

You may be right Ossa, I am prepared to play a little longer though.

Sorry all for not preparing better against Abysia. I have only myself to blame, did not see his cancellation of NAPs until yesterday, and then had already sent my turn with no time to change it.
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:57 AM

Private

I think it was an air summoning spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earcaraxe View Post
do u know if it was an earth of fire spell and the gems got converted with the alchemy ratio?
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM

Captain

earcaraxe is on a distinguished road

the cowardly leader of ulm has broken his given word, breaking the NAP.

thanks for the nice gifts tho, maybe ur soldiers conscience was louder then urs.
Old May 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM

Private

That's all for me. Congratulations Earcaraxe to a nice buildup that proved very powerful at the end.
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM

Captain

Thanks Saeter for joining us!

Btw, im planning to launch a new game, for 6-8 players, no diplomacy, EA, and i would like to have u all there. are u interested?
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Captain

And thanks to kianduatha too, u were dogpiled and still held out for marvelously long, and congrats to numahr for being alive despite losing the war so early. And thanks to Numahr, Nrasch and Ossa too!

Numahr, as the last remaing player besides me, do u agree that i have won it?

To any of u who is interested in my aspect of the game:

My strategy was this: using a dormant vampire queen for forging soul contracts as soon as she awakens, then using her as an phoenix pyring, soul vortexing immortal SC if need arises. In the beginning i was aiming at an average expansion, using only my army and not taking any sloth scales (i do take sloth quite frequently with abysia). with successful diplomacy i think i even orevachieved that a bit. And i just turtled from that point, waiting for my 15 contracts to build up a nice devil force. With me being the only nation in peace, i ran away with research, grabbed most of the artifacts.

I planned the assault on pythium for more than 12 hours, keeping notes on most goals and army movements, hiding the vampires, it was much fun, now i have an image how it feels to be a general in a war.

I thought it'd be better to attack soon, before Ulm finshes off machaka, and it becomes a 2 vs 1 (the one probably being me), and Pythium seemed the most fitting target for me (after deep consideration): lots of common border, having two capitals, and the political factors: not much into the war with machaka, etc.

With the help of luck (and lying to pythium a lot) the blitzkrieg proved very successful, in two month Pythium was no more, its southern big army slaughtered to the last man, just 5 forts held against the infernal forces and the hordes of vamires and a half-dozen Zmeys. Then Ulm went offensive - seeing correctly the "now or never" chance to stop me - but his main army ran into one of mine most anti-SC battlegroup on the first day of the invasion, and suffered an immedite defeat at the still pythian fortress of Minz. Three month later the zmeys grabbed quite a few ulmian lands, so I actually managed to gain provinces from ulm and still defend mine, so seeing the futility of our war Ulm went AI. At that point i was fairly sure i had won already, and it was easy to domkill off pythium and machaka.

I could have stormed those pythian forts instead of waiting for the domkill, but i was sure pythium had a lot of storm staffs waiting there for the occasion, since ulm had one, and i was sure ulm couldnt have made it since neither its mages nor its pretender had high enough air, so i guessed ulm's staff came from pythium. but i havent encountered any, even in pythium's grand attempt of a counterattack to break the siege of his capitol and give some hope of its oppressed people. It was in ill fated, yet heroic battle, where even the last members of the capitols garrison sacrificed their lifes in an attempt to die in honor and glory. It proved to be mostly only honor

if any of u wants to write his aspect of the game, im very curious of it.

So guys, thanks all for the great game, i hope we meet soon again.
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:08 AM

Sergeant

Numahr is on a distinguished road

Hum... will Abysia be able to defeat the might of Shinumaya, where Machaka failed?

OK I think I will rather concede than be burnt to cinders. But at least let me try to negociate something. Maybe, as the new Pantakrator, you can designate my Pretender as the semi-deity of a small bakemono tribe lost in the mountains?

My perspective on the game was rather, hum, limited. My very early war against Machaka went wrong for me because of distant spells on my capital. Dai Bakemonos were doing an OK job against the spiders, but a blight spam stopped me from recruiting anything and basically I lost the economic war. Very efficient rushing strategy. After that I just played basically a castle defense game. A bit of luck helped me to win two storm attempts by Machaka, and then I think every one kind of forgot/ignored me...

For a new game, I'll maybe have to stay reasonable and refuse, as I am about to start an exciting new job and I don't know how requiring it will be...
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:28 AM

Captain

Thanks for taking care of the bakemonos, its a deal!