The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 21st, 2017, 01:24 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Lt Gen HR McMaster Tapped NSA

How appropriate for this forum to have a cavalry officer tapped as the National Security Advisor of the Trump administration.

I think we know of his audacious actions at the Battle of 73 Easting during the Persian Gulf War as a captain of Eagle Troop, Second Squadron, Second Armored Cavalry Regiment on February 23, 1991, where Captain McMaster led an offensive covering force mission forward of Lieutenant General Frederick Franks’ VII Corps.

John McCain tweeted: "Lt Gen HR McMaster is outstanding choice for nat'l security advisor - man of genuine intellect, character & ability."

"General McMaster, 54, made a name for himself as a young officer with a searing critique of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for their performance during the Vietnam War and later criticized the way President George W. Bush’s administration went to war in Iraq."

Source: NY Times, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/u...ser-trump.html

"He has strong ties to Secretary of Defense James Mattis, having known him in Iraq when Mattis was a division commander, and, along with Mattis, McMaster will likely resist policies that revive torture or paint Muslim nations with a broad and hostile brush."

"He made his first mark with a Ph.D. dissertation, written when he was a major, titled Dereliction of Duty: Lyndon Johnson, Robert McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies That Led to Vietnam. Contrary to conventional Army wisdom in the 1970s and ’80s—which blamed the war’s loss on civilian micromanaging and the media—McMaster lambasted the top U.S. military officers for betraying their constitutional duties by failing to give the president their honest military judgment as the nation plunged into the quagmire of Vietnam."

Source: Slate Magazine, http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_officer.html.

Bill Kristol tweeted, "I say this honestly and non-snarkily: I can't imagine anyone better prepared for the challenges of being Trump's NSA than H.R. McMaster."

=====
Old February 21st, 2017, 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lt Gen HR McMaster Tapped NSA

Well, even I (a non-American)know of the man and his achievements in ODS and for that I respect him. That being said, this is a political topic and I will not discuss it in detail. I'll just say that, given his credentials, he seems like a very good choice but we'll have to see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old February 21st, 2017, 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Yeh-heh. Maybe he could convince Trump to call it a day and voluntarily relinquish presidential power to Mike Pence. Stranger things have happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old February 21st, 2017, 11:24 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

This is getting political, and its totally irrelevant to the game.

If he personally introduced a new tank or whatever, then the tank would be interesting in game terms.

We do not have a "bar" forum for political mutterings. We aren't interested in that. Please dont post "political" stuff here in the future.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old February 21st, 2017, 11:30 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Lt Gen HR McMaster Tapped NSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
This is getting political, and its totally irrelevant to the game.

If he personally introduced a new tank or whatever, then the tank would be interesting in game terms.

We do not have a "bar" forum for political mutterings. We aren't interested in that. Please dont post "political" stuff here in the future.
Yeah, I can see your point...on the other hand I could have just used the NSA announcement as a way to draw attention to the Battle of 73 Easting, or his illuminating critique of the Vietnam war, or how he managed counter insurgency operations in Iraq. All of these are insights that scenario designers may find most interesting.

Obviously, I failed to do that which I intended.

=====