.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 26th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thread necrophilia!

Another one:
An ability to save diplomatic messages in MP. I understand that most diplomacy occurs in forum... but it would be useful to have an ability to scroll through messages you had during the game.
Also ability to browse your own messages before ending turn. It would be especially useful if you has several trading agreements in MP & need to check whether you have already sent all that you offered... and whether you have sent someone twice the offered amount.
Also to have some ability to check diplomacy status would be nice. Probably especially with AI alliances offered above.
Old April 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wrana said: An ability to save diplomatic messages in MP. [...] It would be especially useful if you has several trading agreements in MP & need to check whether you have already sent all that you offered... and whether you have sent someone twice the offered amount.
Also to have some ability to check diplomacy status would be nice.
I have never understood why so many gamers are averse to taking notes. And I've never seen a computer game with an in-game notes system that was easier to use than a blank sheet of paper on a physical clipboard kept next to my monitor.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old April 27th, 2008, 12:15 AM

Private

elbnar is on a distinguished road

One thing I want to see more than anything else is the ability to set other game modes in setup besides the normal kill-em-all mode, as well as other options.

Game mode: Teams (presumably it will be a polytheistic religion they'll make)

Assassination (NO praying back your pretender... once you're dead you lose; no immortal pretenders such as VQ allowed; twiceborn should be ok)

Capture the Flag... or Holy Artifact (the source of a pretender's power must be carried in a character's misc slot at all times. if an enemy captures it and brings it back to their capital, you lose)

No Wishing Allowed

Diplomacy... an oft-requested option such as above. Or at least a simple in-game mechanism for establishing NAPs, and an announcement to all if a player breaks it so they know who not to trust

Customizable Units (design your own guys with the equipment available to your empire with the corresponding resource costs)