.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Onslaught at Boza Gora

New scenario here

Quote:
Onslaught at Boza Gora*
(part of battle of Pszczyna)
Date: 1st September 1939*
Location: Boza Gora, Jastrzebie Zdroj outskirts, southern Poland, Pszczyna Sector*
Type: Polish defence vs. German assault*
Design: Marcin "SaS TrooP" Kaluza*
On 1st September, battle of Pszczyna begun. Objective of this operation was to open a way towards Cracow, and thus lead the invasion on south Poland. Germans captured Wodzislaw Slaski minutes after 6am and proceeded towards Jastrzebie in 3 columns.
One of these, 8th Recon Battalion was tasked with covering the southern flank of main 5th Panzer Division taking direction of Pszczyna itself. This recon element encountered polish units at small Boza Gora hill (literally: God's Mountain), few kilometers east of village of Mszana.
Boza Gora was perfect defensive position. Polish command was aware of that and just prior to the war it was moderatelly fortified with trenches and some barbed wire. Hill was defended by a squadron of Uhlans of Pszczyna, disposing mixed french, austrian, german and polish equipment. They were supppoted by MG platoon, a single 37mm Bofors AT gun. Additionally, on 30th August a platoon of Podhale Mountain Rifles was also attached. The battle was commanded by rotmistrz (Rotenfuhrer equivalent) Eysymont.
Finally, hill was attacked by powerful armoured columns, including tanks and armoured cars. But the only way to reach it was a small stone bridge. When first German vehicle entered the bridge, it was taken down by Bofors fire. Having the bridge blocked, Germans tried to force the small Szotkowka river itself, but accurate AT fire knocked out more than a dozen of tanks. Also, a battalion sized element of German infantry was sent in to secure the hill, but a couple of attacks were fought off by Uhlans and 3 companies of Militia.
Polish finally retreated in the late evening when they ran out of ammunition. Such element was able to hold off German advance for entire day in this sector.
NOTES: This battle is historical. Terrain is recreated as accurately as it can be done, units deployment and their equipment as well. Surnames of polish troops, wherever its possible, are also historical. This includes militia soldier and Silesian Uprisings veteran Wilhelm Ostrzolek, who was hiding static MG (MG.08) with loads of ammunition in his house for entire interwar period and brought it on the hill to support the defence. Historically, polish suffered no more than a dozen of fatalities. German exact losses are unknown. For the reason of drama, to depict a hard situation Poland had during the first day of war, scenario is slightly modified. Uhlan squads have now proper manpower and mixed equipment, and they are depicted without horses. Militia companies enter the map and are depicted late for the battlefield. Historically, they assembled themselves at the hill minutes before German attack. Finally, the youth scouts (Harcerze) are depicted as militia company. They have brought wz.28 (BAR licence) on the hill and managed to shoot down Fiesel-Storch spotting for German artillery company (they were later shot for it). Here this LMG is depicted by normal AA gun.
Source: http://www.promemoria1939.pl/index.p...cej&Itemid=166

CHECK POST #5 FOR NEWEST SCENARIO UPDATE!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z spscn446.7z (56.2 KB, 263 views)

Last edited by SaS TrooP; June 10th, 2014 at 09:05 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Onslaught at Boza Gora

Anyone tried that possibly? I know scenarios are infantry heavy, but there is no feedback at all?
Old October 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

I already played this scenario and must said that is quite good one especially that that as a Poles you have limited AT capabilities and you must really care about your bofors sometimes even retreat behind the hill. btw that is really good scenario when you can try fight with incoming waves of Tanks and later infantry.

Some bugs and suggestion which I spotted:

- Germans have desert camo on their cars probably this is how is configured climate in editor

- River have some holes ( I imagine that you do this to done tanks progress more smoothly)

- I can't found the old MG from Silesia up-springs probably that was German MG from first world-war

- You can also create ON units behind the hills as reinforcements how was in reality because they marching long time and that may be boring for the players ?
Old October 21st, 2013, 10:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

OK, good to have some feedback after some time!

I am coming with explanations:

Quote:
- Germans have desert camo on their cars probably this is how is configured climate in editor
That is very true. Actually, through the couple of playthroughs, I must have missed it. I will fix it ASAP and release in new version.

Quote:
- River have some holes ( I imagine that you do this to done tanks progress more smoothly)
That is planned. Szotkówka river was a very small one (it is not existent anymore, a mine was constructed after the war). Holes should represent in some sectors there was no actual water at all or merely important deepness of it.

Quote:
- I can't found the old MG from Silesia up-springs probably that was German MG from first world-war
This soldier is represented in the scenario as unit I3, simply ON squad, commanded by Ostrzołek, and having MG.08 as only unit. Do you think I should make him independent MG?

Quote:
- You can also create ON units behind the hills as reinforcements how was in reality because they marching long time and that may be boring for the players ?
In reality they arrived some 1 hour before German assault, what was not enough to deploy them efficiently and there was hardly any room for 200+ troops. But I will consider putting them in the woods, closer than before in the new version.
Old June 10th, 2014, 09:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Onslaught at Boza Gora 1939

After long time I decided to update this scenario. Changes:

- Colour of German vehicles fixed; they are no longer Deutche Afrika Korps lol :P
- Polish forces adjusted accordingly to newest patch
- Polish bugged cavalry squad fixed
- Szotkowka river fixed: now it will be harder for Germans to cross it with vehicles. Beware though: they will seek for alternate routes
- Adjusted Fieseler Storch size to increase hit chance for Youth Scouts AA team
- Changed tempo and direction of Polish reinforcements for more realistic set
- Language improvement in battle description
- Slot changed to 475
- Other minor tweaks

As always, I ask for some feedback and recommendations!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Onslaughtver2.7z (56.4 KB, 178 views)
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:19 PM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

I'm saving this one for PBEM. Thank you.