Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 13th, 2016, 10:07 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

This was a very useful website for the news side of things but more importantly because it covers the full range of MiG aircraft from the beginning (1940 MiG-1) in a very detailed manner. As I've recovered this from a much earlier post for my Jets/Planes system folder, I thought why not re-post it here as well. I think some of you would find it interesting. I think you'll figure out who's behind the website but, again no "hoopla" just "the straight dope" is presented.
http://toad-design.com/migalley/index.php/history/

Enjoy!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:12 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

That link throws up a great big nasty red warning screen for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	we2.png
Views:	309
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	14483  
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:02 AM

Lieutenant General

It came up clean twice on mine before this posting though, last night when I found this one I had two other "safe" sites from Russian sources at the time of posting that, last night my current system blocked them as Malicious Software.

All I can say is go with your "gut", I used to use "Defender" and "Security Essentials (SE)" from MS however I got away from them as I had virus intrusions with both one which led to a system crash (My old XP PC with Defender.). I learned my lesson at first, both were backed by top rated compatible freeware software as well. Then I'd put the MS products to the background and upgraded to the AVASTI security suite but their independent lab test results started to drop off. I've been using Bitdefender Total Security now for about 4yrs. The 2017 suite is the only one currently offering "Ransomware Protection."

Another reason for the switch was the .mil site servers would block access from hotmail accounts because of the weak security protocols MS had in place for several years.

The current MS Security Essentials Anti Virus is the best they've ever had to date. That being said and everyone knows how I "look into things" I'm very happy where I'm at. The independent test lab results are very good in my case.

I've said several times out here I'm not the software/programmer type, but security is after all security whether it's physical or otherwise-enough said.

Do your research, I do recommend paying for a anti-virus protection suite based on independent lab testing which places like PC World, PC Mag and CNET etc. etc. refer to in their recommendations.

NEVER put "All your eggs in one basket.", Find yourself a strong compatible anti-virus freeware to back up your system currently AVIRA, AVG, AVASTI (Getting back in the game again with top ranked tested products.) and a couple of others offer a lot of features.

Again make sure this software is compatible to your OS and your current protection program, if not, in order of degrees your computer will run slow, you can get conflicting reports, Blue screen (Happened to me once way back.) and finally the software can conflict with each other to the point your system is less protected or in rare cases NOT AT ALL PROTECTED.

Know how your security software works, the risk will always be there sometimes the box will come up because it's a software certificate issue to malicious software detected or in my case an attack has been blocked. I'll see around 3000 blocked events in a week for various reasons that my weekly/or real-time security report breaks down.

Like the game, make yourself safe and follow your instincts this is not an area I choose to "blow off" with the amount of increased/increasing hacker activity we're seeing over the last few years now.

Don (Everyone) sorry for this but this is a topic I take very seriously. I don't want to see anyone hurt financially or otherwise because they weren't properly protected.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old November 15th, 2016, 04:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Well I use NOD32 and Malwarebytes on the Edge browser (Win 10) and I get the exact same screen DRG does.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old November 15th, 2016, 10:47 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Firefox, Kaspersky, Win 10, etc - I see the site no problem

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

FWIW...........It's OK for me today...
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old November 26th, 2016, 12:58 PM

Lieutenant General

Just a little news:

Finland: Will start to phase out it's F/A-18C/D's in 2025. Seeking new options that might or might get into the game.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-procu-431832/

India: Is the only country left to fly the Sepecat JAGUAR. It would appear they intend to keep it that for sometime to come with a major upgrade package being installed. These aircraft were designed primarily for the ground attack role a mission greatly enhanced by the upgrade which the first three have already reached IOC.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...an-ioc-431779/

Sweden: How do you arguably make the best 4th GEN+ fighter better and more appealing to current and potential new buyers? Simply you make a bold business decision and add future technologies now. And yes this fighter is that good. It is generally considered the most technically capable cost effective fighter in the world.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...oftwar-431790/

Switzerland: MOD requesting "emergency" funding to maintain it's F/A-18C/D and F-5 current fleet. Also seeks new fighter being operational by 2025.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-fight-431755/

8+ hours to go, the rest of you have a great weekend!

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old November 27th, 2016, 07:02 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
This was a very useful website for the news side of things but more importantly because it covers the full range of MiG aircraft from the beginning (1940 MiG-1) in a very detailed manner.
You're better off buying Yefim Gordon's books on Russian Aircraft.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old November 27th, 2016, 11:31 PM

Lieutenant General

Mark though I really appreciate the information on the book, I have to at the same time think in game terms out here, which is to say, does a particular site provide me with all the data PLUS a little more to get, improve upon or get deleted a particular piece of equipment entered into a game. Some know that I've "tracked" equipment literally for years out here and my past submissions are littered with them, also this goes for the research side of things I.E. from a simple question presented to the forum about the status of the French 105mm which took about three years to resolve with Don. It would also lead to changes in the French and a couple of other countries in some minor changes to other related artillery units, the "rabbit hole".

So please know this, I spend more time keeping track of my own sources than I do equipment, I constantly am looking for consistency in the data from my all sources as compared against each other and a couple I keep in my "hip pocket" if you will. Many times over the years Don has asked how I feel about that source or another (And I appreciate it.) and sometimes we go with it, hold off on it and rarely not pursue the issue knowing I'm watching (Or he's watching.) if any changes occur to warrant me resubmitting or you find it in the next or future released patch from you know who.

Equipment just changes to quickly, I only own one book on equipment in my library on the matter and it's on WWII aircraft I've had since I can't remember-I guess it reminds that we must not forgot the past and learn from it, but, it hasn't changed. These websites are more fluid and current a book on equipment would be an anchor if you will to what I do here. And you have to admit I cover a lot of areas (Maybe too many.) and all the countries I can as they pop up and have even handled requests for research and submission of equipment from forum members (All are in and thank you again for those.). As you can see it gets complicated and I need to find a "middle ground" somewhere because this will be my 4th year I haven't submitted something of any length and I don't like it.

I do love my books finishing one on the 1916 Easter Rising I got while in Dublin and my next will be one on the battle of Waterloo and Wellington, while in Dublin I saw the Wellington Monument (It is reopened to the public.) to him and the troops that fought it. While looking at that monument (And the tallest obelisk in Europe and tallest 3-sided one in the world.) I wondered why he would design it (The original one.) and put it into the Capital city of Ireland when he supposedly disliked his own Irish background and country. But it was Britain's Ireland then and maybe he was sending his own message too them? But that's what a book is to me the start of an adventure and hopefully not a chore.

I owed you more than a thanks or a whatever (God I hate that term!). Besides books cost money and the one's I'd want from my military background would cost a fortune every year to buy and update but, that's John's department and the fund raising ain't worked out to this point!?! And can you imagine how annoying I'd be to Don!?! He's already pulled enough hair out of his head already because of me, I'll just let'em keep whats left.

So to get why the threads here...So what does it take to develop your own stealth fighter program? The next should provide some insight. Consider this an update because you're right been tracking it almost from the start.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...rogram-010647/

The next shows where the F-35 stands and why those F-35A models were grounded this past September.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...program-07501/

A little more "cover" from my last post in this thread.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...ntracts-06392/
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...hornets-05739/

Sorry to the rest of you but the man deserved a better response and one I'd give to anyone out here under the same circumstances on a matter of personal importance to me.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; November 27th, 2016 at 11:39 PM..
Old November 29th, 2016, 07:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

IronDuke99 is on a distinguished road

The F-35 link above does not seem to be working?