Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old June 14th, 2006, 03:16 AM

Private

Nick_Hyle is on a distinguished road
Default CD arrives!

Sound off when you get yours - Hi-res SPWW2 is in Pennsylvania!

Nick
Old June 14th, 2006, 05:30 PM

Corporal

halstein is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CD arrives!

Got both of mine today. I live in Norway, so I waiteed for WW2 to be released, before I ordered MBT. Thus saving postage. Had expected to have to pay a lot in custom-dues, because you can buy next to nothing (except for books) from abroad, without having to pay. But I didn't have to .

Halstein
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:43 PM

Corporal

dlazov is on a distinguished road

Got my CD today. Thank SP Camo and Shrapnel.

Do I need to uninstall the non-CD version, or can I just install over the top of this?
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

You should have no problems intalling the CD version over the DL version. That will preserve you save games as well if you have any

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:01 AM

Corporal

Don,

Thanks, will do so tonight.

Don
Old June 15th, 2006, 01:22 AM

Corporal

Don,

worked like a charm!!! This is probablly the best 40 bucks I have invested! The free version is good, but this version kicks butt!

I tried to play my max screen size in full mode, but I got direct draw errors (lpdd-> something) so I just went back to windowed mode. No biggy, the text is a little bit small in 1600x1280 mode, but the screen is awsome (other then the text).

Whats is the most cool is the new button you guys created that new colorful HFW (Hide From Wife) when playing button!!!

In the free mode, I had troubles 'p', 'n', 't' it was slow and jerky (same with the scrolling), now its just like the 7.1 (in DOS mode)-fast as lighting.

I am very pleased! Maybe in a month or so when I can afford it I may purchase WinSPMBT!

Thank you and Best Regards
Cheers!!!

Long time player - first time caller (lol).
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:34 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Hmm - it may not be able to assign enough video RAM for the larger screen modes on your video card.

What sort of card? - and how much video RAM? - do you have the recommended 32MB of "real" on-card video ram (ie not one of those cards that uses shared RAM from the PC).

Cheers
Andy
Old June 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Corporal

Andy,

I have no real video card, I have the built in intel video chip that uses from the 384 megs of RAM that I got (I believe). It's an on board Intel 82845G Graphics Controller with Adapter RAM 64.00 MB. It does say the resolution is 1280x1024x60 hertz, which is what my normal windows settings are. By default the CD installation selected 1600x1280. Perhaps that's the issue?

Going to try 1280x1024 BRB

Okay in Windowed mode looks just as fine as the 1600 mode, but the text is a bit bigger. Going down into Full Mode:

Well that worked but, it was very, very, very slow (the 'p', 'n', 't', 'f' commands and scrolling were a impossible crawl).

Trying next 1152x864 Windowed (forgot full, if I can get readable text I like the HFW button.

That worked but not as nice as the 1280. One last try in Windowed mode at 1024x768.

I will just stick with the 1280x1024 mode.

Thanks.

It works like a champ in Windowed mode, it runs very fast and the graphics are aswome, it's just my eyes are getting older and it's hard to read the info text (I am really used to the old DOS 480x640 size for text)
Old June 15th, 2006, 04:42 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Andy,

I have no real video card, I have the built in intel video chip that uses from the 384 megs of RAM that I got (I believe). It's an on board Intel 82845G Graphics Controller with Adapter RAM 64.00 MB. It does say the resolution is 1280x1024x60 hertz, which is what my normal windows settings are. By default the CD installation selected 1600x1280. Perhaps that's the issue?

Of course it is, and that is why we specify a video card with at least 32MB of video RAM in the minimum specs.

That does not mean you cannot play the game with less than the recommended min spec, just that it might not work very well, on integrated graphics cards which have to "steal" RAM from the PC. If that thing is "sharing" RAM, that may be your problem with full screen DirectX. Or the integrated chip may simply not support the larger screen sizes.

Quote:

By default the CD installation selected 1600x1280. Perhaps that's the issue?

Hmm - I did not realise it had been shipped witht he highest mode as the default - that will choke on say my LCD 1280 screen. (The video card allows you to select 1600 mode in the windows preferences, it is just when you try to apply 1600 mode onto 1280 LCD hardware that the LCD monitor objects rather forcibly to any attempt to drive it at a screen resolution greater than native!!

Probably woud have been best sent out with 1024 as the initial screen size, as a reasonable choice. You cannot drive LCD monitors above their "native" size, and some low-end graphics cards will also possibly have fits.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 15th, 2006, 07:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I set it up to display at 1600x1280 becasue that way the GameOptions always sets up the game at the highest resolution you normally have your monitor set to.

For example. I run my monitor 1152x864. When I start the game even though it's set to 1600x1280 in GameOptions it plays at 1152x864

I could have set GameOptions to a lower screen resolution but anyone starting up the game for the first time with a higher monitor resolution would have only seen the game for the first time at that lower resolution. If I set the GAME to 1600x1280 when It loads it always loads at the players default monitor settings

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....