.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old December 15th, 2003, 06:33 PM

Corporal

Joonie73 is on a distinguished road
Default What is the best non-artifact helm?

It may be Spirit Helm but it is sooooo annoying in terms of how slowly it fires. Because I like to actually watch most of my battles, I no longer use this & substitute Wraith Crown instead. Any other candidates?

And please, figure out a way to speed up how Spirit Helm fires, as well as some of the more time-consuming spells!
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:41 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is the best non-artifact helm?

Depends on purpose. If you want to boost protection on an undead or otherwise fatigue-immune commander, for instance, the prot-7 flaming helmet is Pretty Darn Spiffy. And, of course, the death-1 skullcap is good for a death mage -- the only other easy-to-get death-booster is the 2-handed skull staff.
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:12 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Something Im rather known for saying alot in newsGroups is....
There is no BEST, there is only Pros and Cons.

It doesnt matter what the subject is, thats still good advice. You wont get best, you will only get a variety of suggestions. For me, I like the dragon helm for adding some extra firepower to commanders that Im going to make stand at the back of the crowd anyway.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:18 PM

Corporal

Gandalf, my understanding is that Fire Helm takes away action points from the commander, whereas Spirit Helm fires on its own. Is this not the case?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf Parker:

It doesnt matter what the subject is, thats still good advice. You wont get best, you will only get a variety of suggestions. For me, I like the dragon helm for adding some extra firepower to commanders that Im going to make stand at the back of the crowd anyway.
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:21 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonie73:
Gandalf, my understanding is that Dragon Helm takes away action points from the commander, whereas Spirit Helm fires on its own. Is this not the case?

quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf Parker:

Old December 15th, 2003, 08:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gandalf, my understanding is that Dragon Helm takes away action points from the commander, whereas Spirit Helm fires on its own. Is this not the case?
Yes. And I did see that the spirit and wraith you mentioned were free moves. Is that what you meant, whats the best free-action helmet? Any limit on the research level?

The Dragon isnt free but its available right away in the game. And its what I tend to give commanders who dont need any moves. Not mages or bow Users, but mounted or infantry type commanders that are going to just stand at the back.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)