This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old January 26th, 2018, 10:10 PM

Private

Arnie L. is on a distinguished road
Default Game crashes all the time after new update.

I've never had a problem like this in all the years I've played this game but now I get crashes all the time after the last update. Can't understand why. Anyone else have this problem?
Old January 26th, 2018, 11:16 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game crashes all the time after new update.

I have had no problems - have you tried a reinstall?

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old January 27th, 2018, 12:05 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The "last update" was issued nearly a year ago and been DL'd 1000's of times. If it were a universal issue we would have heard about it before now so lets start at the basics

what OS are you using and where do you have the game installed?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 28th, 2018, 02:47 AM

Private

I use the CD version. It's on my C drive not in program files and I use windows 7. The crashes always happen when the AI is conducting it's turn. I have played this game for years on many different computers including this one and nothing like this has ever happened. I tried reinstalling and re-patching and still crashes.
Old January 28th, 2018, 06:41 AM

Private

Haven't played this game in 2 years. I used to be able to play just fine in full screen mode and now it's full of problems. I can't scroll worth a damn in windowed mode. It's not an option playing that way for me. If the mouse just moves a little off the edge the scrolling stops. To frustrating getting around the map. Looks like the crashing may be from playing in full screen now. Not good. I used to enjoy this game. Too frustrating now.
Old January 28th, 2018, 08:28 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Game crashes all the time after new update.

OK lets try to deal with one issue at a time.

First off, we don't support full screen mode any longer. Some OS/ computer combinations will run it, others will not. Like you I used to be able to run tests of the game in FS mode then MS made some "improvement" to Win10 and now I cannot run full screen but it's not an issue for either of us as the only reason we kept it in the game was for players of older computers and OS. Desktop-windowed mode is the recommended way to run the game and it's what both Andy and I as the developers use on a daily basis......and have since it was introduced to the game. FS mode is a legacy from the DOS days

SO....the real issue is getting you set up mouse-scrolling correctly in windowed mode for your machine so you can use it without it being frustrating ( because it WILL run the game without being a problem ) and for that, I need to ask specific questions.

Start GameOptions and click on the Misc tab....

1/What value is the Map Scroll Sensitivity Zone set to?

2/What number is set up as the Scroll Speed?

NOTE TO OTHER PLAYERS.......If this is a problem you had that you resolved please feel free to jump into the conversation

First lets try a coarse adjustment. Set each of those to 100 then restart the game in Windowed - Desktop Mode and tell me if that makes things better, or worse for you....then we'll go to the next step. I am confident that we WILL be able to get this setup so it works properly for you on your machine.

Those setting I asked you to try are higher than normal but on my machine it gives a slow deliberate scroll rate...but no too slow... with lots of room at the edges of the screen to initiate it.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; January 28th, 2018 at 08:55 AM..
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:18 AM

Private

The sensitivity was 16 and the speed was 25. I set them to 100 and it scrolled fine but every time I tried to use the buttons on the control panel I lost my spot on the map because it scrolled away to the right as i moved to use the buttons.
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK........ we're making progress....I wanted to make coarse adjustments to see where we were and it looks like we found a good spot for scroll rate now we need to fine tune the sensitivity zone.

Try 25 for the the sensitivity zone and let me know if it makes it better or worse than what you had and if worse....what makes it worse

Old January 28th, 2018, 11:36 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie L. View Post
The sensitivity was 16 and the speed was 25. I set them to 100 and it scrolled fine but every time I tried to use the buttons on the control panel I lost my spot on the map because it scrolled away to the right as i moved to use the buttons.
In which case, you probably have the mouse scroll sensitivity zone a little bit too large, and it is starting to scroll as you are over the right hand buttons?.

In the misc tab, set the map scroll sensitivity zone to a smaller number - try 5 pixels (I use 10). That one controls how near to the window edge your mouse pointer is before it starts scrolling.
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:43 AM

Private

Yes, I lowered it and it works fine. Thanks, I always used full screen in the past and so i'm used to the way it was before but this is doable. I hope the crashes stop now. Do you think that playing it in full screen was causing the crashes? I haven't tested it out long enough in windowed to be sure yet.