BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 28th, 2019, 06:47 PM

Private

prinzeugen is on a distinguished road
Default what version is CD

just bought CD version of SPWW2. I assume the 1st patch would be version 11? I have an older CD version: (C) 2006 Product Code 808003222326, but have had problems with the last couple of patches for past 2 years. For example, about 20% of the units only appear on the roster but not on the map. (and no, I'm not talking about art., I'm about units that should appear like inf. or tanks...) This has made the game unplayable. Plus the fact that reinstalling the game is a pain in the ***. I assume that with the newer CD you do not have to change the game directory etc?
Old March 28th, 2019, 07:48 PM

Corporal

Felix Nephthys is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what version is CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeugen View Post
just bought CD version of SPWW2. I assume the 1st patch would be version 11? I have an older CD version: (C) 2006 Product Code 808003222326, but have had problems with the last couple of patches for past 2 years. For example, about 20% of the units only appear on the roster but not on the map. (and no, I'm not talking about art., I'm about units that should appear like inf. or tanks...) This has made the game unplayable. Plus the fact that reinstalling the game is a pain in the ***. I assume that with the newer CD you do not have to change the game directory etc?
I have just a few questions.

1) Did you say you bought a new CD version of WW2 to replace an old CD version of WW2?

2) When did you buy the old CD version?

3) Did you patch the old CD version every year a new patch/es came out or did you skip any before applying new patches the last two years?

4) Did you ever uninstall the old CD version?
Old March 28th, 2019, 08:39 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Recommendation. Uninstall the game. Clean the registry.
Install the game in a path that is not inside program files. Example
C: \ shrapnel games \ Winspww2
Install the 3 patches listed for the moment in order.

If it works, please contact any of the developers and they will solve the problem.
Old March 28th, 2019, 08:42 PM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

He is back!

@prinzeugen If you do not stop such postings, the developers will eventually get hypertension?
Old March 28th, 2019, 09:50 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys View Post
Quote:
I have just a few questions.

1) Did you say you bought a new CD version of WW2 to replace an old CD version of WW2?

2) When did you buy the old CD version?

3) Did you patch the old CD version every year a new patch/es came out or did you skip any before applying new patches the last two years?

4) Did you ever uninstall the old CD version?
yes, the old one says it's version 1 it's 10 to 20 years old... I have installed and uninstall the game about 10 times. and I have installed all the patches correctly. I ordered a new CD because it says it's version 10 something.
Old March 28th, 2019, 10:17 PM

Private

I just paid close to $50 for a new CD. I've had the old CD well over 10 years. It's been installed and uninstalled numerous times on 1/2 a dozen computers and OS... I have installed all the patches correctly and in order numerous times.
Why would I order a new CD if there wasn't a real problem? I just need to know if the new CD I just purchased is in fact version 10.01 and if therefore, the 1st patch would be version 11.
Old March 28th, 2019, 10:23 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
He is back!

@prinzeugen If you do not stop such postings, the developers will eventually get hypertension?
waß soll daß Bedeuten?
Old March 29th, 2019, 12:20 AM

Corporal

Felix Nephthys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just paid close to $50 for a new CD. I've had the old CD well over 10 years. It's been installed and uninstalled numerous times on 1/2 a dozen computers and OS... I have installed all the patches correctly and in order numerous times.
Why would I order a new CD if there wasn't a real problem? I just need to know if the new CD I just purchased is in fact version 10.01 and if therefore, the 1st patch would be version 11.
Well I'm not sure why you bought a new CD then but obviously that ship has already sailed. I've never had a CD myself, just the paid download version so I'm not sure what version you'll get. As for the problems you've been having the past several years, if you've installed the game and the patches correctly then it should be working fine like for the rest of us.
Old March 29th, 2019, 01:46 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
He is back!

waß soll daß Bedeuten?
Oje, wie soll ich mich denn da jetzt herauswinden? Es bedeutet, dass ich mir nicht vorstellen kann, dass deine Fragen ernst gemeint sind. Immerhin habe ich ja deine vorherigen Posts gelesen. Es bedeutete, dass ich davon ausgehe, dass du nur hier bist um dir nen Jux mit den Entwickern zu machen. Bisher war ja alles irgendwie nur Rant-O-Rama?

Falls du aber wirklich Probleme hast und das jetzt kein Unsinn von dir ist, dann helfe ich dir gerne per E-Mail oder Telefon oder sonstwie durch die Installation. Wenn ich das nämlich installieren kann, dann kann das jeder andere besser. Ausserdem würde ich dann noch ne Entschuldigung drauf packen wegen Gemeinheiten und Lachens ohne Grund. Da kannst Du mir dann jederzeit eine PM senden.

Because of your last question, the e-shop describes it as
winSPWW2 v.10.01
Version: Windows Safe Box

When the game is started, you can see your version number as shown on the attached picture. (The red rimmed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versionen.jpg (96.8 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by anlubue; March 29th, 2019 at 02:06 AM..
Old March 29th, 2019, 02:46 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

I have the old CD version of both games, I purchased both when they both came out. I have had absolutely no issues with installing the old CD version of both games on both Windows 7, Windows 10 and in Linux. After I have installed the CD version (not in the default directory, i.e. C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\ etc.) then I applied all three patches in correct order.

I have had absolutely no issues what-so-ever. In fact on my current machine I have installed the game eight times for different reasons:

C:\SP-PlayTest\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\
C:\SP-PlayTest\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\
C:\SP-Editor\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\
C:\SP-Editor\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\
C:\Isolation\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\
C:\Isolation\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\
C:\Shrapnel Games\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2\
C:\Shrapnel Games\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\

And its not only easy too do, but works like a charm and I have had no issues. I have done this on Windows 7, Windows 10 and on Linux (obviously different file paths on that O/S).

So your problem must be on your end.