World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 26th, 2015, 01:30 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrade Paths in Campaign

Then use the cross-attach command in the deployment screen. (You cannot cross attach away the formation leader though). Mouse over the buttons till you find the guy "saluting" and the info text is "assign current unit to a new HQ". Click the unit you wish to assign, then click on one of the units in the desired formation.

If the cross attaching puts the leader away from the 0 unit, then use the fix formation leader button in the formations screen (only if you have the full game).

cheers
Andy
Old April 26th, 2015, 03:06 AM

Private

CarbonNitride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Then use the cross-attach command in the deployment screen. (You cannot cross attach away the formation leader though). Mouse over the buttons till you find the guy "saluting" and the info text is "assign current unit to a new HQ". Click the unit you wish to assign, then click on one of the units in the desired formation.
Alright, so if platoon A starts with 4 units and platoon B starts with 4 units I can set it up so that platoon A has 7 units and platoon B has 1 unit since B0 won't be willing to serve under A0? I'd check for myself but I'm away from my copy of the game at the moment.
Old April 26th, 2015, 03:25 PM

Yes, then if you don't need the 1 unit B platoon, you can delete it later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonNitride View Post
Are the upgrade paths for generated campaigns posted somewhere? I've tried the manual and a search but I've only uncovered that they have changed. I'm trying to convert a M2A3 BUSK III (unit class 127) to a M3A3 BUSK AT (unit class 19). However, the M3A3 BUSK AT isn't present but the M3A3 BUSK (unit class 121) is. What I want to know is if it's worthwhile to make the attempt or if I 'll end up winding through too many intermediates.
The upgrade paths reside in code and are pretty much as SSI originally had it. Therefore some are not particularly intuitive... Nor does it suit any sort of table showing such. Quite frankly - one of these days I may just "simplify" it by making all units available as swaps, bar any not allowed in cores..

The best way to figure it out is simply to save off your campaign at the last turn as usual. Now let it proceed. At the upgrade screen play about with units and see what path is what - some will need a change to something that allows swapping to the desired type (e.g. I think MG units seem to be "artillery", swap to scout car and you can then swap to a MBT). Once you have finished playing about then skip through the upgrade screens and get to the next battle setup (which you wont be bothering about since you were mucking about in the upgrades screen!) and exit (abort) at the first screen with an exit button.

Now go back to your last turns save, and proceed as normal but this time with the knowledge gained, swap what needs swapped with a change of internal "swap type" in between. (Some different units to last time may upgrade to veterans or not, that is random. The next battle spawned may differ in location and or type - that too is random unless it is a user campaign.)

cheers
Andy