Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old August 2nd, 2017, 09:50 AM

Corporal

luigim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Remember that we are talking about a variant of T72B3, the second production batch after 2016-2017

First batch is without extra armor
The Following User Says Thank You to luigim For This Useful Post:
Old August 2nd, 2017, 12:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Proceed with caution from your JANE'S ref. quote...

1) "The new versions of the T-72B3 seen in the Moscow parade featured a number of survivability upgrades over existing B3 models. (To your main point.) A new explosive reactive armour (ERA) layout fixes some of the vulnerabilities in the existing T-72B3 design and is stated to bring the vehicle to a comparable level of protection as the export (Not the same necessarily as "home" production i.e. an Indian version of the AH-64E DOES NOT have the same capabilities as ours, for it's equipped with a slightly improved LONGBOW FCS vs. ours.) T-90MS. This claim is somewhat optimistic, however, given that the latter vehicle's turret ERA layout is far more compact, with minimal space between modules, as well as these modules being the newer Relikt ERA."

2) "Frontal coverage changes are limited to the addition of a small ERA module to the left of the gun mantlet, covering a location that is fully exposed on the T-72B3. This module appears to only contain a lower and not an upper ERA panel, probably to avoid obstructing the view of the sighting unit located above and behind it."
http://www.janes.com/article/70252/r...-moscow-parade
https://shop.ihs.com/buy/en/ihs/aero...icles-yearbook

The second ref. is the public version almost anyone can buy. I can ensure you the government sales version will add almost another $2000 USD to the above price as it contains more "stuff" in it. Point being simply, that JANE's is not will to hang their reputation on what they don't actually see as highlighted above from their ref you used. Wording is critical it can "twist" and "alter" the intent of the written and spoken true meaning of a topic.

I've been guilty of the same many times in the past especially in dealing with equipment issues in this forum-as Don will tell you along with a handful of others.

It appears Don is meeting your request but as noted the numbers are set for older versions of ERA vs. current versions.

This STILL gets "lost" out here sometimes but, Russia being one of the more notable OOB's in this category I believe it only has about 10 slots left +/-2 or 3.

2026 is a long way off yet to have very limited slots left for all the new equipment that's yet to come. And as been noted already, I already have current (Some that Don has already entered.), equipment that be operational within 3-4 years and others that should be fielded just after 2020 that I'm tracking now for Russia.

Do you know what my problem is at this very moment! Combined I have more pieces of equipment as noted above, than the Russian OOB has slots!

THAT's something to think about as we move forward.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:49 AM

Lieutenant General

The following is a blown up photo meant to have accompanied Post #658, it shows a model used to illustrate the new improved OPLOT-M which Pakistan is considering buying for themselves. The Ukraine is doing likewise, as discussed in the same post along with the fact it would seem the Ukraine is starting production of the OPLOT-M again. One obvious improvement is that the grenade launchers are under a "roof" type housing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IDES 2017 IMPROVED OPLOT-M.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	14827

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old August 8th, 2017, 01:15 AM

Lieutenant General

I'll keep this brief, I believe we had this discussion already concerning the following...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/russ..._video_1300717

Regards,
Pat

Old August 8th, 2017, 03:59 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Sorry Pat - Bad link

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old August 8th, 2017, 07:08 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanks! Hopefully this works...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/russ..._13007173.html

Regards,
Pat

Just tested it twice, seems to work-sorry for any inconvenience.

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old August 8th, 2017, 08:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yes. it's in the game as the T-80BV-U

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:59 AM

Lieutenant General

Wasn't that something you just added a short time ago? Seems like within the last month as posted by luigim as I recall but, this past couple of months has been a "blur" to me.

Anyway just posted that because it's recent and they normally do a pretty good job putting those "tech sheets' together. I guess I could've just added "For FYI".

Regards
Pat

Old August 8th, 2017, 01:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Wasn't that something you just added a short time ago? Seems like within the last month as posted by luigim as I recall but, this past couple of months has been a "blur" to me.

Anyway just posted that because it's recent and they normally do a pretty good job putting those "tech sheets' together. I guess I could've just added "For FYI".

Regards
Pat
Yes it was, I just checked the default OOB's and it's not there..........it all blurs together after awhile but the point is...it's now in the OOB's that will be released next time

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 16th, 2017, 08:23 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

NORINCO shows off the first VT-4 MBTs ordered by Thailand:

http://defence-blog.com/army/norinco...-thailand.html

Quote:
The first batch of the VT4 main battle tanks, ordered by the Royal Thai Army, have made their public debut during a capability demonstration and exhibition of Chinese domestically developed arms at a shooting range in the Inner Mongolia autonomous region on Wednesday morning.

The Royal Thai Army has ordered 38 VT4 main battle tanks, equipped with turbocharged diesel developing 1,200hp coupled to an automatic transmission, from China North Industries Group Corporation (NORINCO Group). With a combat weight of 52 tonnes, the VT4 has a power-to-weight ratio of more than 23hp/tonne.

The VT4 is armed with a 125mm smoothbore gun and fitted with an automatic loader. Secondary armament of VT4 consists of coaxial 7.62-mm machine gun and remote-controlled 12.7mm MG operated by the tank commander.

The first batch of 28 tanks is expected to be delivered in this year, said General Chalermchai Sitthisart, Commander-in-Chief, Royal Thai Army.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VT4_RTAI.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	14865