This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 9th, 2005, 10:54 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

JLS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI Campaign => For a Challenging AI opponent

The "Proportion population model" is only a basic DATA setting for mass equals 1000; Hence, there will be a proprtional build up of population for all players to include the AI and from this starting point we can MOD other Modifiers - via Trait, Facility etc.

As Alneyan expressed that there is a setting for AIC that will allow basic Auto pop Transports for you if you wish to avoid excessive logistician transport.
AIC optional OS* start setting will allow for a more Robust game - but perhaps a little less strategic type game.

If you alter the MASS=1000 you will corrupt the AIC Mod, this is why we programmed the OS* starting option to lessen se4 redundant Transport management

Reference
GAME SETTINGS DATA FILE:

================================================== =========
*BEGIN*
Population Mass := 1000

"""""""""""""""
Poster: Alneyan

The latest version should be 4.1, I believe; I haven't heard of any major upgrade since 4.1 at any rate.

You cannot really remove the Proportions population model, though I guess you could make population meaningless and make it so the AI no longer builds starliners. However, there is an option that allows you to build a facility increasing population by one million every turn in a given system. This makes starliners less important, and you can actually do without starliners altogether.

Optimized for[i] Solitaire Play!
With or without all Warp points, Finite resources, same starts and Simultaneous movement

~~~ CLICK ON &gt;&gt;&gt; (((&gt; <font color="green"> AI CAMPAIGN v4.191 </font> &lt)) &lt;&lt;&lt; To Get ~~~
Old March 9th, 2005, 11:23 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

JLS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI Campaign => For a Challenging AI opponent

Changing any AI Population Transport Call - Will do very little to help or hurt the AIC AI; Moreover, a greater number of AI transports will allow more possibilities for Human Player Ship Capture - Less however, will lesson this Human Player tactic and do almost NOTHING to help or hurt the AIC AI Player.
= = =
If you wish to move {even more} population - Please, build more or Larger AIC Star liners and start the game with the (OS* Game option enabled) provided for you, located in that individual players trait menu.

John

"""""""""""""""
Poster: Makinus

maybe if i go the AI files and change all callings for starliners to a tenth of the number...

Poster: Makinus

i should have explained better: i still want to use starliners, but i want that starliner be able to transport more pop per ship than what is currently in the mod (like, 10 times more), so i will still use starliners but they wil not be too excessive in numbers... i believe i know what i can change in the mod to allow it, but my doubt is if this would broke the AI as i don´t know how the Ai handles population and starliners...

Optimized for[i] Solitaire Play!
With or without all Warp points, Finite resources, same starts and Simultaneous movement

~~~ CLICK ON &gt;&gt;&gt; (((&gt; <font color="green"> AI CAMPAIGN v4.191 </font> &lt)) &lt;&lt;&lt; To Get ~~~