.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Bug Dominions 3000 - MP game - 2-3 nations left

The dominions 3 mod "Dominions 3000" takes dominions 3 to a new age.. an age where nations have either invented spacetravel or died. 7 nations currently exist

The Galactic Empire of Ulm
Jomon
R'lyeh
Orcs
Dragons
Insectoids
Commonwealth

These nations will battle for supremacy on the Solar System map, specially made for dominions 3000 and populated by special independants. The nations are either spin-off of dom 3 nations (Jomon, R'lyeh and Ulm), nations made by me from scratch (Orcs, Dragons) or nations Amos created for dom 3 and which have been adapted with his permission (Insectoids and Commonwealth). The setting is characterized by: high armour and much AP weapons, space provinces (forests) and units with different shapes in space (forestshapes), overall higher mobility. The progression of magic decline throughout the ages has not been continued however.. magic is on about MA level I'd say.

Llama has offered to host the game so wel will play on his server.

In the mods forum there is a large thread about this mod with in the last pages an excellent review of the nations by Rdonj http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=39996.
In there you can also see a description of all nations and other features of the mod in the first post.

The game will start somewhere in the next 3 weeks, minimum amount of player I require is 3 (which could include me) and max is 7 (all races, which would be a bit crowed but would make a great fast and mean game) If enough pplz enlist I'll refrain from playing my self and be an independant observer.

The mod has been tested extensively and is considered to be reasonably balanced (not more unbalanced than vanilla dom 3 that is) but if there are obvious flaws in the game then adjustments can be made (and players are expected to inform me of clear bugs or loopholes) to the .dm file. All loopholes that are generally not allowed in other MP games are not allowed here either.

- Loren has requested to have the Dragons nation
- Aezeal (me) will take the nation of R'lyeh since it is considered to be the weakest nation

The other nations are free to those who sign up first. If all are taken and someone would like to play he/she cuuld sign up for R'lyeh and I will not play them (which would not bother me at all, I could make needed changes more objectively.)

Dragons: Loren
R'lyeh: Aezeal
Orcs: Rdonj
INsectoids: Calmon
Jomon: Free
Commonwealth: Darkwind
Galactic Empire of Ulm: Dragar

Needed mod and map file are in the mod thread and attached to this post. Game will be played with version 0.76 (latest release as of 2-1-09). As always the unzipped map files need to go into the map folder of your dominions directory and the mod files in the mod folder of your dominions directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dominions 3000 v0.76.zip (2.09 MB, 80 views)
File Type: zip solar system.zip (1.89 MB, 94 views)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.

Last edited by Aezeal; January 7th, 2009 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: update nations taken
Old January 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3000 - MP game

I would like the orcs, please.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

Haven't I called the Commonwealth already?

This should be fun
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:21 AM

Lieutenant General

right 4 players already that is, I'm not expecting a lot more really since for some reason very different games aren't that attractive to most pplz but I can't start the game now anyway so we'll just keep this thread up next weeks and see if there will 1-2 more who dare try an adventurous game.

PS: NO MERCENARIES ALLOWED!! (completely unthematic, I'm not sure how I could find all the mercs to mod them out, might look into that later, but it's no priority.)
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM

General

I never used mercenaries in my sp games, so that doesn't bother me. What about building forts in space? I've avoided doing that for the most part because I'm not 100% sure it's thematic, but I could see an argument for them being allowed.
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:44 AM

Lieutenant General

they are spacestations clearly completely thematic. Do not hesitate, once I get fort modding I'll make a few different spacestations for the forestprovinces. Ulm gets expensive ones, insects cheap ones (which in theory would be useless but will actually just be cheap.. the great paradox of dominions.) The can't spawn with spaceforms anyway .

PS for that map you are making. Spaceprovinces should have low pop, and never high (unless you really want it, could call the province a spacestation then)
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:38 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
PS for that map you are making. Spaceprovinces should have low pop, and never high (unless you really want it, could call the province a spacestation then)
I set all the space provinces to have low pop, but there are one or two that would be good with a higher population... I will probably go and up the population of one or two.
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Lieutenant General

nice

HEY noone else dares to try a different sort of game..

not even you Gandalf with you requests for special games etc?
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:50 PM

First Lieutenant

Dragar is on a distinguished road

I'm keen, will take a better look at the mod and revert with a race selection
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM

First Lieutenant

Dragar is on a distinguished road

I'll take Ulm