Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. Game Over. Supplicants Triumph! - Page 31 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM

Private

Cammorak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. 17/17. AI Creation Phase.

Oh, yeah, that's what I assumed. Just seemed topical since Sept posted about Tonno taking over for someone in an absence.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. 17/17. AI Creation Phase.

Unfortunately, the timing of the game is kinda difficult for my team - various stuff has come up but there appears to be a unanimous desire to drop from the game .

Sorry to jerk everyone around; I'd be available as an advisor if needed, although not so much for the next few weeks.

Good luck and have fun!
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Well this is not good news on the eve of getting started. You guys have all those posts and stategies already planned. Who in your group wants to remain on the team, I can fill the slots with the alternates from the other teams who want to get in a starting position, and or anyone else who wants to change sides.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

Sept, the problem is that this "eve of getting started" has been going on for more than 3 weeks now... we're just too fed up with the turtle crawl of this game. we wanted to have a nice team game, seemed like a nice experience, but when decisions that should have been decided on before you hosted the game have still not been decided, and are now being rushed in order to finally start already, than it was poor planning on your part, which lead to this never ending bureaucracy that threatens to bring down this game altogether, as it's not just our team that is getting fed up with it...

was a good attempt, maybe next time if you do the planning before hand you can actually afford to start faster, as soon as all player+captain slots are filled and not wait even more to all of a sudden discuss allowed pretenders, the final game mod, etc, than you will get a good concept game rolling again. I'm afraid it's too late for this 1...
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

I am sorry that you can't wait a day or two more for Gandalf to finish the AIs. There is always an AI creation phase in my games.You guys have put so much effort into your planning and strategizing to throw things away because of it. Most of the waiting time has been for recruitment purposes, but I've never been in a rush in my games. I knew we would get all the slots filled and we did. To back out now, seems a waste for your team and for the other players in general.

But if you, Ano's team, or anyone else wants to go, I won't hold ya. If that happens, rather than me scraping a concept which took months of planning already, I will simply implement the full mod chris has kindly spent time working on and once we have enough people we will start.

-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; May 6th, 2010 at 05:49 PM..
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:40 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

you see, a few days ago it was which pretenders to allow or not, now it's AI creation(which could and should have been done before you hosted the game as it is not player dependent) tomorrow it will be something else, and of course the decision on pretenders(which was rushed) will be discussed again now that you've got even more time, and it will go on and on...

now, I didn't enter this game in a rush, and frankly, I'm still not in a rush, but I've received PMs from my entire team that they are already impatient and want to drop out as a team and I agreed with them, as it does take way too long to get this game rolling. a friendly tip, for your next game, finish all the non player dependent stuff before you announce the game, this includes: map, mods, AIs, nations of each team, etc. so than you just wait for players to fill up all the slots and you're ready to rumble. we've had all slots full for at least a week, probably more now, yet we're still stuck in the never ending creation phase, which is why I keep saying it was bad planning on your part. also, it's not only our team that is growing impatient, look at several posts in this very thread from people on different teams, they've also finished planning their strategies weeks ago and are already impatient, and I'm sure that after our team left as a whole that those others would also follow. which is why I suggest you start over, and with better planning this time.

anyway, good luck with this game, if it will ever lift off the ground, and if not for your next games, as I do like the concept and all...
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

FWIW, I only have evidence that AlgaeNymph is still alive on my team. So I don't even know that I *have* a team to get started for Chris.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

AlgaeNymph is on a distinguished road

I'm just waiting patiently, and I do mean patiently. I'm okay with either going ASAP or working everything out first.
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:14 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Waiting till the last minute to pull out because you fear something else will pop up, well that I just don't understand. The pretenders choices have not really changed from the original design. And much of the plans for the AI, had not changed either. The R'lyeh to Mictlan thing was something I had not planned for though. But I understand if you have other commitments or you have become impaitent or overburdened, something I always caution about.

Very well, I will clear out your team's slots. Anyone else wishing to drop, let me know. So that I can make necessary adjustments to the rosters. The game will go on, perhaps with the mod. But I agree with you, and I beleive the concept is sound. Too bad more people don't feel that way. And the game promises to be quite exciting.

Old May 6th, 2010, 06:30 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

My team was cool and was pretty much ready to go. I think the same thing with Ano's team. I always encourage captains to keep up with team members when possible.

The Sangiunarium team is now open for anyone wishing to join that team. You can migrate from another team if you wish as well (as long as you can keep secrets). If we have enough people, we will start on time, if not, well then we will wait till we do and perhaps implement the mod. Doesn't really bother me that much (maybe I am too old to be playing games anyway).

As I say, anyone else wishing to drop, who's not in it for the long haul, or who has other commitments, please let me know now.

Last edited by Septimius Severus; May 6th, 2010 at 06:41 PM..