This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old December 27th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road
Default Sundansyr's Mod for Starfury

I came across this Mod in the Forums here from years past made by Sundansyr. I took a few hours (or more) to fix the files so that it is playable. The thing that struck me with his mod was that he has upwards of 500 component pics for his mod. I thought that with his efforts he put in that I should fix it so we could all see it. It is based off the P & N campaign 1 Homefront. I have included an attachment so you may download. Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Sundansyr Mod.rar (1.79 MB, 758 views)
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:40 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sundansyr's Mod for Starfury

Ok, have now played this one a bit. The many new images for the weapons and devices are nice. The re-adjusting of weapon damage, shield and armor points, and power usage makes combat more realistic in many ways. It takes a while to win an evenly matched battle.

The new differences between the various models of ships make it more worthwhile to upgrade, but there is a problem with one of them. The Mk III Terran cruiser cannot use the extra set of weapon points. Apparently the arc is too big and would hit the ship itself, so any weapon mounted there cannot fire. When I tried to display firing arcs while using the ship itself, SF locked so hard I couldn't even get out with Ctrl-Alt-Delete. But they displayed well enough in the Ship Dealer screen.

Also, the colors of all ships, planets, etc., have been darkened quite a bit and it's hard to see where things are. Whoever did this must use his monitor turned up to max brightness all the time.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM

Corporal

Yea since I didn't make this mod., there could possibly be other bugs too. But the reason for the Starfury hang application is because the maincomponentconfigurationslotsplayer text for the Terran Cruiser III has different firing points and arcs than what is listed for it in the Spaceobjectsxfiles text. It can be fixed with not much effort. I will change the firing arcs too. To get the actual firing points anim8or is really usefull for that. I have set firing points for a bunch of ships in the Stargate Mod I made.

In the mods I have made, I make the ships and background brighter. The reason this is dark is becasue this is the standard lighting set in the P&N (or stock) game. You can change the lighting in the CampaignsData text. Also it can be changed in game by pressing K to increase brightness and L to decrease brightness.

I thought the components were cool too. That's why I spent the time to get the mod working. Keep the posts coming. When I get enough feedback I will release a newer version.
Old January 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM

General

While you are changing firing arcs, how about seeing if the Terran battleship can be made to fire four heavy weapons forward instead of just two? If those two front-side mounts could have their arcs extended to 0 (straight forward) then the Terran battleship would have a brutal frontal attack.

I had forgotten the K and L keys. I'll have to try that and see if I can make things comfortably visible without having to edit all the graphics.
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM

Corporal

Ok, I will change the Terran Battleship arcs when I release the new version.
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM

General

Cannot go on to the next campaign. Probably a name tag was not changed when this scenario was modified from the original, and it just hangs when you try to jump to part II. So, went back to the SGC mod. (And posted findings in the other thread).
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:05 AM

Corporal

Yes Sundansyr made this mod just for Campaign 1 so it won't be ablet to go to the 2nd or 3rd Campaigns.