.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Divine Right 2

There seem to be few neighbouring problems, but I'll post about them later. No real problems, though, just few provinces that look like they might be missing a province or two.

There's awesome amount of detail in here. I lost an Ulmish army against elephants in the Pelennor field (Mûmakil!), but that might have been just a coincidence, but there were many nice things that were purposedly put in.
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Some of the larger maps like to create "seaport" cities and connect them across the water to create important chokepoints and to speed up late-game.
Just mentioning it.

I also can fully appreciate the work of good naming of provinces on a map this large. It really lends to the role playing of the game. Thank you.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM

Corporal

Aristander is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone.

I have posted on mediafire, a zip file with the .map and art file. I also have posted a .map file with the fix to province 39 and 36 thanks Humakty for pointing it out.
I am proud of the naming as I worked hard to make it thematic. Most nations I used what mythical names I could. With Ulm I did not use German myth because it is just too close to Norse so I used Tolkien instead. Abysia I just made up myself but I think the evil names fit very well.
I wish I could say I set specific troops in provinces but I have not been brave enough to try that yet.
Honestly I have not played enough to games to judge the "seaport" idea but I would defer to your experience. I wanted the caves as a way to help move troops fast but I see that having the caves also set as mountains slows down the troop movement through the Argatha area. Should I change them to border mountains? I also see a lot of nations have the same terrain to a greater extent then I had intended. I will have to mix it up more in the next map. Oh I also want to know if people like the global projection or would prefer a rectangular map?
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Setting specific population types and defense units can be done by map commands. I do it a lot. But on map this large and beautiful I would not recommend it. It lowers the replay ability of the map.

You might do it as a "scenario map" if you want to add all that and specific sites, then offer it only as an alternative .map file.

The global view was a welcome change but Im not sure if it would be a preference. Altho THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for doing a global correctly. Wrapped east to west but the poles only link to themselves.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old January 9th, 2009, 11:03 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Wow! Nice update, Aristander.

Thank you for such a nice map!

Pasha
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Corporal

darloth is on a distinguished road

Province 57 : "Basalt Halls of Atlantis" is not, actually, a sea province. Is this intentional? It didn't seem so as there are no graphical hints such as massive tunnels at the edges of the sea, or a huge floating city, or what have you.
The Following User Says Thank You to darloth For This Useful Post:
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:31 PM

Corporal

Oops, thanks Darloth it should be a deep sea province. I have fixed the error so just download the updated divine right 2.map file at

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...60aad8a02bd7b1
Enjoy.
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM

Corporal

darloth is on a distinguished road

Looks like The Stormy Deep (154) isn't a sea province either. I'm guessing it should be deepsea given its colouration and name.
Old November 12th, 2012, 05:59 AM

Private

GunslingerV is on a distinguished road

Hi,

This looks like a great map, but both of the mediafire download links are dead. Can someone who has this map re-upload it?

Thanks,

GunslingerV
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM

Corporal

I have re-uploaded the files. Enjoy

Aristander