Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 10th, 2017, 12:36 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Vers.10/2017) spob16,Unit 700 holding 1000lbs Bombs

Ja but we can't fix it in the way of copying vz.9 SMG in weapon Slot 198. Cause now i remember why i haven't done it myself yet.

Weapon 198, the 1000lb bomb, is an explosion on the battlefield. It must remain untouched. (we need for ammo explosion)

Last edited by anlubue; March 10th, 2017 at 12:43 AM..
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:05 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: (Vers.10/2017) spob16,Unit 700 holding 1000lbs Bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
Ja but we can't fix it in the way of copying vz.9 SMG in weapon Slot 198. Cause now i remember why i haven't done it myself yet.

Weapon 198, the 1000lb bomb, is an explosion on the battlefield. It must remain untouched. (we need for ammo explosion)
In winSPWW2 the "explosion on the battlefield" is weapon 183...in winSPMBT it's weapon 198 and somehow......we are baffled as to how or why......some of these ended up in WW2 OOB's at different times...three years ago the Polish OOB last year the German OOB....doubly baffled as it is impossible to cut and paste from one games OOB's to the other.

.. there is one 1000 pound bomb used in WW2 that is correct in weapon slot 198 in the Anzac OOB but that is it. It also appears in other OOB's but unused and therefore benign so it is safe to manually correct that weapon to a vz.9 SMG

Last edited by DRG; March 10th, 2017 at 07:32 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 10th, 2017, 08:26 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for clarifying, spending your time for the detailed information.

Aaaachtung stillgestanden:
DRG, I hereby award you with the great cross of explanation first class!
The Following User Says Thank You to anlubue For This Useful Post:
Old March 13th, 2017, 11:04 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: (Vers.10/2017) spob16,Unit 700 holding 1000lbs Bombs

Just I d'like to add that P-38 Wilk as a prototype was not used during September 1939 but was intended to be build in 1940. Poland for their future aircraft has a 20mm gun wz.38 the same which were used in TKS in FK-A variant but aircraft variant was called 20mm wz.38 FK-D and were modified to have better speed of fire. FK-D was intended to be a future heavy MG for polish aircraft's which wasn't build because defeat in 1939.

Just do like to propose to move PZL P-38 Wilk to blue OOB. That will free in polish OOB class of ground attack aircraft’s and weapon slot with 20mm FK-D like Horten Go-229 will be there for some what-if sceneries where Poland survive September 1939 and developing of polish weapons go ahead.
Old March 13th, 2017, 12:24 PM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road

With all the publicity that these thousand pounder Brandenburgers have got, I just had to go and try how they would actually work in a game...

First try: a dozen Brandenburger bomb teams hiding in bushes around objective hexes somewhere in Russia in 1942, with a couple of companies of KV tanks bearing in their direction. As the tanks got close up, the brave bomb teams started chucking their explosives - but to their great disappointment, most of the bombs did little more than scratch paint on the tanks. Luckily the Brandenburgers had also brought their trusty Sprengladungs, which managed to destroy around six tanks in total, with the bombs blowing up a few more with lucky hits, as well as immobilising a couple. But overall the Brandenburger teams would have better leaving the big bombs home and bringing instead more Sprengladung. Though against lighter tanks they might have done a lot better.

Second try: similar set-up as before, but instead of tanks several companies of penal infantry were sent to root out the Brandenburgers. This time the bombs proved quite destructive - whenever enemy infantry made it to neighbouring hex, a bomb chucked in their direction quickly drove them off in panic with numerous casualties. However, where terrain was not close enough, the enemy infantry could work to the flanks of the Brandenburgers and pour rifle fire from a few hexes away, with the Germans lacking any firearms to respond with. In a very close terrain the bomb teams might have been able to hold their own, but in this case they got largely flushed out from their positions.

On a more serious note, I do recall hearing stories of late war Japanese infantry using aeroplane bombs as infantry weapons. This involved digging a hole in the ground, placing a suitably large bomb inside, camouflaging the hole, and then having it manned by a poor infantryman with a hammer. In case of enemy (preferably a tank) reaching the location, the infantryman was supposed to hit the detonator with a hammer to trigger the explosion. In game terms, arrangements like this are probably best represented by immobile booby traps etc.
Old March 27th, 2017, 08:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejos View Post
Just I d'like to add that P-38 Wilk as a prototype was not used during September 1939 but was intended to be build in 1940. Poland for their future aircraft has a 20mm gun wz.38 the same which were used in TKS in FK-A variant but aircraft variant was called 20mm wz.38 FK-D and were modified to have better speed of fire. FK-D was intended to be a future heavy MG for polish aircraft's which wasn't build because defeat in 1939.

Just do like to propose to move PZL P-38 Wilk to blue OOB. That will free in polish OOB class of ground attack aircraft’s and weapon slot with 20mm FK-D like Horten Go-229 will be there for some what-if sceneries where Poland survive September 1939 and developing of polish weapons go ahead.
It's in ground attack class AS A PROTOTYPE...if you want to "What if" then change the OOB yourself. I do not need an extra weapons slot clear in that OOB so it's just fine as it is.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....