The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old August 24th, 2001, 04:30 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT - bored with gaming ? Get philosophy!

Amend brother. I can't agree more on everything you have said.

------------------
"We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats! They invade our space and we fall back -- they assimilate entire worlds and we fall back! Not again! The line must be drawn here -- this far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" -- Captain Picard STNG
New Age Ship Yards
Old August 24th, 2001, 04:55 AM

One of the major reasons why I am not trusted, and should not be, is that I have difficulty making the distinction between "can" and "may, between "to" and "with", the list goes on and on. So paraphrase whatever I say if it makes you uncomfortable. Dictionaries that I access are either unreliable or crash the net link I use when I access words. Many links I access, including those which are hyperlinks result in failure to access or once again crash the net link....
Old August 24th, 2001, 05:28 AM

Upon consideration, the problem is likely that the lists of *onyms I have conceptualized do not agree with common usage. I am fortunate in this regard because this means I am indifferent to attacks which presume I know what is occurring. For example I experienced a mild prickling while reading at one site and finally realized with a laugh that the owner thought that I thought that I was "Superman" and was attempting to attack using "green kryptonite".
Old August 24th, 2001, 02:35 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

What happens when the worms come?

------------------
L? GdX $ Fr C++ SdT T+ Sf* Tcp+ A M++ MpTM ROTS Pw+ Fq+ Nd Rp++ G+

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Old August 24th, 2001, 03:58 PM

I *ve a *lly *tty *ch I *ll now *ll.
*rth is *lly *ven and *ven is *lly *ll.
I am not Popeye the Sailor Man, but Popeye is on the right track when he says :
I means what I says and I says what I means.

Edit : I reiterate, beware the English I use and ignore anything you may percieve as harmful. Upon consideration, this may be a brain teaser too difficult to try. I noticed the other day that the government has a new computer called "Deep White". See what that computer can do with the rhyme.
In the early 70s as I recall there was a song "When The Deep Purple Falls". That song would also be worth examining....

Edit 2 : I looked at the net again. Song lyrics, poems, speeches, practically everything is badly quoted. What the net really needs most of all is some quality control and write protection.

[This message has been edited by LCC (edited 24 August 2001).]
Old August 24th, 2001, 06:35 PM

Oh well, I descend from high Opera to low Humor. Who has not yet been invited to laugh ?
I *ack patience and patience *acks me.
Rank hath its priviledges. The higher the rank, the ranker the privvy ledges.
For an English/ Scottish/ Irish engineer such as I, it is inevitable that locomotives will bump. Whose motives are more loco, those such as I, or those with one track minds ?
To misquote Star Trek :
**** it Jim, I am an engineer, not a *.
Old August 24th, 2001, 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tesco samoa:

Wh* worms ? I hope the humor I gave has defused any hard feelings. I recall various worm stories, but have never ever done a worm/virus etc. on a computer so far as I know. The oldest worm story I recall follows :

Ooey Gooey World Worm, He Did Not Know.
He Sat Up On A Railroad Track, Ooey Gooey Worm!
Old August 24th, 2001, 09:56 PM

I still have a problem with memory to prevent recall of many things. Now that I have had time to think, worm is write once, read many. This is an excellent method of write protect. It is better to have a slightly defective original than to have an amorphous blob.....
Old August 25th, 2001, 12:04 AM

Okay, I considered "worms" and found many variations. The one I like best is :
Women! Override Ridiculous Menace's Smugness!
As in "Dennis the Menace". The override I agree to is a wedding ring to go along with the "Diligence Integrity Citizenship" ring I just put back on. Years ago I took the ring off. Who says sympathetic magic does not work ?
See Suzette Haydin Elgin "Yonder Comes The Other End Of Time".
Balancing the possibilities of fantasy and reality is a tricky task.
I am willing to call the bumpkin IEEE versus ivory tower ACM contest a draw.....
Any, Every, More, and All criticisms are welcome, SARGE.
I do not of course promise to obey, just to listen.
Edit : modified text

[This message has been edited by LCC (edited 25 August 2001).]
Old August 25th, 2001, 03:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tesco samoa:

Okay, I suppose that I am really slow. If you mean what I think you mean, then I simply exert willpower to validate what I am and take whatever comes. Usually after the situation returns to normal I find that I have new insights if nothing else. I do not intentionally attack, but lack the viewpoint necessary to be passive. If doing so is any help, then I apologize for the blundering I have done.

The fundamental complaint I have is simply this. In the Bible it is promised that the meek will inherit the Earth and the remainder of Mankind will inherit the heavens or if judged unfit will be externally punished. The eternal punishment part sounds like the product of a sick mind, but I will set aside that complaint. What I see is mankind stuck on the threshold, stagnating. Anyone who dares to stand up on his two hind feet and declare independence is punished or struck dead. The goal of a good teacher is a student who exceeds the teacher's abilities. So who is running this circus, and why does this show not go on the road / get on the way ?