This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Conquest of Elysium II

Old February 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Private

CoyoteTheClever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR High Cultist & Troll King alliance

What does A Promise for Life do? That's a weirdly named spell . And wow that is a lot of frog magic.
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

arrggh everyone else gets to have all the fun!
Olgothu has discovered another nation. Well, he only found an outlying farmhouse. But it is flying a nations color (blue).

Now I must make a hard decision. My rituals are:
Call of the Deep (15 sacrifices)
Contact Deep Ones (60)
Contact Old Ones (100)

Olgothu only has:
Call of the Deep (15)
Ceremony of Mastery (50)

I have 90 sacrifices saved up. I was waiting to see what worthwhile target would appear. But now, should I allow Olgothu to do his ceremony? Then he will be as powerful as I am. But it will give him new spells and more rituals.

Well he doesnt need anything to take one unprotected farm. I will wait for more information. Maybe I can find some worthwhile target to make it logical that I withhold his chance to advance.
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTheClever View Post
What does A Promise for Life do? That's a weirdly named spell . And wow that is a lot of frog magic.
Yes it is named strange. It allows her to Curse one entire enemy rank.

And doubling up on the frogs was bad luck for her. There are much better spells I would have wished her to have.
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Hmmm a message has appeared that a Pyromancer has offered himself to me for recruitment. But I dont think I need a mage of that type at the moment. Maybe if I run into druids or Witches then I could use him to burn down the forests. But Ive been using my trade ability to expend gold for sacrifices. I have nothing in the coffers for this mage.

Olgothu's taking of that farm has caused nothing. I was hoping it would be taken back. I dont need a single farm that much and it would give us an idea of who flies the blue flag.

I have discovered an enemy. A single farmhouse flying the same colors (magenta) as the Demonologist that plagued my ally. I must be close to my ally. I can now attack the backside of this demoner to distract him from my ally. We can squeeze him between us. If I am careful I should be able to ocean-raid him effectively. He might not have anything that can pursue me on water.
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Oh the old ones have smiled upon me. When I jumped onto the farmhouse I found that next door was the Demonologist Citadel.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR2/turn38.JPG
There are no commanders there. Just 24 troops. Mostly archers, and a couple of swordsmen.

Now for some strategy. I will get back in the ocean and summon. Hopefully get enough to take the citadel. It has a high defensive ability though so I need to be sure. If I am lucky, maybe he will march out an army while I am waiting. That will leave it more vulnerable. There wont be any special things like demons.
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

AHA! He did. He got nervous with me nearby so he marched out half of his units to try and find me.

I quickly did a Contact Deep Ones ritual calling for aid in my battle. I was answered by a Shambler Prince leading five experienced War Shamblers. I took a chance and gave him all of my troops to do the raid instantly. I did not want the searching units to return.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR2/citadel_fight.JPG

He won the day! It was expensive. He only has 3 of his War Shamblers left, and none of my troops.

I could recruit there. A catapult would be nice. Or some archers. But I am low on gold. I might want to wait and see what will be thrown against me. I expect the Demonologist to come charging home. But if he brings a large army then I and the Prince can just step into the ocean. Or even that lake next door to it if it isnt winter. Let him take back his Citadel. When he marches out I will take it back again. We can ping-pong ownership forever. It will tie him up, waste his gold, and give my ally time to whittle away at our enemies lands.
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Now things are starting to happen.

Olgothu has discovered who he is up against. An army has appeared to take back the one lonely farmhouse.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/.../BlueBaron.JPG
Such an army! Led by a mounted High Lord. From its makeup I am thinking that it is one of the powerful Baron nations. Well he might as well move past that one. The cities we want will be well defended by local defense units.

In my area, those searchers have returned. Im a bit nervous. I can see 10 archers. But I see no commander. He must either be some invisible demon, or a human with some magical piece of equipment. The last thought makes me want to attack. But that first possibility holds me back. The Prince and I will step into the ocean and watch.
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK I chanced 100 sacrifices to the ritual Contact Old Ones. I was hoping for a sizable army. Instead I got a single Basalt Queen. But she is like an army.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/...asaltQueen.JPG

And her rituals DO allow her to call an army. And her spells allow her to call water elementals in battle. PLUS she is a giant. She can move much faster than I can. So I think I will allow her to continue the exploration. And I will try to have sacrifices available for her to summon Army of the Deep when she finds something interesting.

The Troll Mum is sniffing around my new Citadel. Im tempted to let her have it. It will give them a reason to expand here. Besides, I can still hold to my plan. I can hide in the citadel of my ally then jump into the water when danger comes.
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

All right Im going to close this one out. My goal wasnt to play the whole game. In fact, I shouldnt. I should get back to beta testing it.

I only wanted to spark some interest. Maybe I will start another one tomorrow with new nations and settings. Then play it just far enough to make you drool for the game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post:
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM

Sergeant

samoht is on a distinguished road

It has been a blast. Thanks! Now I'm actually starting to dread the release of the game... I don't know which character I'm going to play first. I'm so torn!