This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old October 6th, 2003, 11:20 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

General Woundwort is on a distinguished road
Default Star Trek UI (Demo Version)

A mod that reworks the UI to look like STNG control panels, and some cool Trek sounds to accompany the change.

LOCATION: Shrapnel's upload program has gone totally haywire, so as an interim measure I have posted the mod on my Spaceports site (I apologise in advance for the barrage of pop-up ads you must endure - direct downloads aren't permitted w/o visiting the site ). Look for the link right below the link for my SEIV mod.

http://galileo.spaceports.com/~woundwrt/Mod.html

INSTRUCTIONS: Put the Zip file in your Starfury Demo folder, and unzip. It will overwrite most of the UI graphics and some of the sounds, so if you have a great attachment to the originals, make a copy of them first and save them elsewhere.

Please post any questions, comments, or suggestions here, so I can update the mod.

BTW, the full game disc arrived in the mail today.

[ October 06, 2003, 22:23: Message edited by: General Woundwort ]
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:18 PM

Private

Tiwaking is on a distinguished road
Default Eeep!

I know this post is old and everything, but that link appears long dead. The post sounds really promising so does anyone have a link to the Star Trek UI or *A* Star Trek UI?
Old April 4th, 2006, 01:41 PM

Captain

bearclaw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eeep!

I must have missed this one originally. Any ideas of doing a Star Wars UI?
A+ Se+++ GdY $++ Fr- C+ Csp Sf* AuO M++ MpTFdAM St RTNH Pw++ Fq++ Nd++ Rp++ G++ Mm++ Bb++ L+ Tcp-
Old April 8th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Private

Tiwaking is on a distinguished road
Default Tiwas Mod

Quote:
bearclaw said:
I must have missed this one originally. Any ideas of doing a Star Wars UI?
If you mean me: Yes and No. Im trying to make a Star Trek: Romulan mod, but I cant get the game to boot past the 'Select your ship' bit. A little backstory may be in order:

Last year I finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for AGES: Record a game of Space Empires III on paper(I dont like SE IV that much). Since I play with a set of Star Trek Tech which I modded in, it makes the game alot more fun and interesting.

Then I found out and bought Starfury, which is an incredibly easy game to moddify, just like SE III! Or so I thought.

I've been trying for 3 weeks to get my SE III game turned into a Starfury Campaign. I finally thought I'd ironed out all the bugs, but there's just one thing I cant get past:

Access violation at address 004C7BB0 in module 'starfury.exe'. Read of address 0000000C

Occurs when selecting "Romulan Fighter" in the starting ship screen. You can download what I have done for the Mod here Starfury Mod: Tiwas Romulan Panasa Campaign. The tonnages are based on Deciphers Star Trek: RPG

Notes: For starters the Campaign Map contains one system(Panasa) with no warp points. Only enemies are meant to be Panasan Fighters. Only ship you can use a Romulan Fighter. Both fighters use the Human Fighter model til I can get the game going properly. And yes, there IS a D'deridex model just WAITING for me to get my mod off the ground!
Old April 8th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tiwas Mod

Odds are good that the problem is something simple.
I'll take a look for ya.
Old April 8th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tiwas Mod

Well, I can't seem to figure out the cause of the crash, and the debug logs aren't showing anything out of the ordinary.

What things did you change since the last time it worked?

Some other problem areas I noticed during my search:
- Your slot layout for the Fighter is messy and overlapping. Lots of slots crammed on top of each other. Use my SFSlotmodder to help.
- Your heavy weapon slot has the same name as your light weapon slot (#1). This is bound to cause some confusion in the default component placement routine.
- Your fighter hull has a base crew of zero.
- Your fighter hull has a base energy storage of zero.
(These two may cause issues with the bar graphs, or instant death when trying to upgrade your cockpit)
- Your use of the prevents crew death ability indicates you don't quite understand how it works:
"Base Crew Death Rate Per Second" on the hull specifies how fast your crew decreases when you have NO lifesupport.
"Prevents Crew Death" decreases the rate of crew loss. However, it cannot make the crew loss rate negative.
It has nothing to with crew injuries due to weapons fire.
- Major problem for later: Weapon scaling factor and Map scaling factor are zero in campaigndata.txt. This means a distance of 10 units normally is zero units long in your campaign. Very very not good.