.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIP Campaign "Za Rodinu!"

Okay end of turn 7, 2x T-34's left out of 10!

ATG took a truck fully loaded, no survivors, Scout platoon gone!

Core almost wiped out, going to try with last two T34 (H0 ad A0), lol, bloody massacre, CG will be over in 3 turns...
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:52 PM

First Lieutenant

Start of Turn 10, just lost the Major, the entire T-34 company is eliminated. The Scout platoon is eliminated, 2/3 of both infantry platoons are eliminated, and the engineer platoon is routed, lol.

One last glorous charge with A0 to see if he can get the Hero of the Soviet Union.
Old August 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM

First Lieutenant

Lost all AFV by turn 15.

lol

Special Battle
The HQ unit was destroyed in this last battle. Unfortunately you did not escape. This campaign is over for you.
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:12 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

lol is this really so hard? which road did you take and how far did you get?
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post

Ts4Ever, you really need to change the A0 from a T-34 to an actual HQ otherwise the player will loose the CG as soon as they loose that A0.

Fun little scenario, going on to the next one.
zovs66,you've asked to replace the A0 with a normal HQ several times.
I'll have to agree a T-34 HQ attracts the "kill me now" attention syndrome.
Thus ending the whole shabang.

Maybe the developer wants it that way, since it's a campaign,simply change it yourself next battle to what you perfer
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:59 PM

First Lieutenant

My first tactic was to split my forces in two (1 set each of a Tank Platoon and Infantry Platoon, and send one up each road. It did not matter because both were ambushed by either the ATG or the StuGs and the 75 killed all three T-34 in one set of rate of fires. The StuG killed two before my surviving scout's threw a molotov on it. And then in the North when I got ambushed next to a building the Major lost. So I sent the A0 up there for the hell of it and he got whacked, end of game.

I have been playing SPWW2 and WinSPWW2 for at least 10 or 15 years, but in the second scenario the Soviets just don't have enough, even if I loaded up everything on one road I would have lost too much with any any "aux" troops on this one (yeah you got 3 BA-64s but they got smoked first, and the ATG was still hidden, when it killed all three of the T-34s.

When I drove a Truck into view it killed that no survivors and then the next two dismounted only to get shot up by the German Infantry.

That was all in the south.

In the North a measly LMG Trps killed both Scout AFV and then wiped out the scouts who were "hidden" and range set to 0.

Maybe this one needs some more support troop points added or add in two platoons of BA-64s.
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM

First Lieutenant

Take two, sending the whole bloody company down the south road, recon reports some German 75 in some woods, lol. Plotting that for 82 MTR now...lol.

Lets see...
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:19 PM

First Lieutenant

Turn 3, lost the 0 Recon Leader (BA-64), lol.

Turn 4, lost the rest of the Recon Patrol to that darn 75.

Turn 6, lost a T-34. Lost M3A1 Scout Car (dropped off passengers).

Turn 7, overran and destroyed nasty 75.

Turn 8, lost another T-34 (crew survives)

Turn 10, T-34 immobilized.

Turn 11, lost another T-34 to a Stlg 41 PaK 35, lost the Scout 251/1 to a 37mm AA gun.

Turn 14, AOP Truck poof.

Turn 15-19, lots of truck losses, due to ambushes by "stragglers", also lost 1/2 of the scouts.

Turn 19, lost another T-34, this time I am at the last southern trench line.

Breaking for now...
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

OK so I swallowed my pride and reloaded from Turn 26 to see how things went with decent play. Besides it was fun and I wanted to continue the campaign. THIS time I was sober. (PWI--Playing While Intoxicated--is not recommended, as emotional surges play havoc with rational judgments). With the benefit of hindsight coupled with recovered patience, an MV was achieved.

--POSSIBLE SPOILERS, BEWARE FOLKS--

As can probably be seen from the saved game attachments (hope those were done right) everybody took the paved southern route. Mostly followed Ts4EVER's prescription:

"The trick is using your recon to uncover the enemy positions, destroy those closest to the road, direct fire tank smoke at the rest and then feed your infantry through. The defensive line is not very strong, but tricky to attack without heavy artillery. Use mortar smoke on it, then close assault with engineers and infantry. This time they don't have minefields ready, so that makes it easier to overrun the trenches."

However I didn't directly assault any trenches, but snuck around and came in from the rear. At a certain point the enemy would come out to reclaim their lost VH's, at which time they'd get blasted by a covering force (at least one tank and infantry squad). Everybody else would head north, behind enemy lines, and repeat the process.

Since the scenario is fairly long and artillery (mortars) are so important for both smoke and barrage, I turned off 1 or 2 tubes on every battery to conserve ammo. Once those tubes ran out the others were switched on. Near the end smoke--including that carried by the tanks--was practically gone but there was still plenty of HE, which helped against counterattacking infantry.

First time I played from Turn 26 (sorry that turn save was lost) I underestimated the size and fury of the German counterattack. The lone StuG was no problem, but infantry kept coming from nowhere and blowing up my tanks with panzerschrecks and -fausts. Couldn't see them at all, so a number of VH's were lost to "invisible" leg units.

Next go-round I was careful to preserve infantry for support, spotting most "bad guys" before they came close. As usual combined arms was the key.

Lotsa fun and quite challenging. The next battle appears even more intriguing. Thanks Ts4EVER. .

@Wulfir: Good on yer for the first scenario AAR.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Rodina 30.rar (105.6 KB, 218 views)
File Type: rar Rodina Turn 32.rar (106.9 KB, 204 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:43 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Glad it worked out. However, I have to admit it is still not quite what I was going for.
Basically, there are two ways of doing it. Either the hard way of powering through like you two did right now or the easy way. In the briefing I wrote you shouldnt be afraid to bypass units. That is actually why I gave the player the armored car platoon, so he would have fast, expendable units to spring the ambushes and then find a way around.

This route is basically unopposed. If you are afraid your trucks might get stuck in the ford, just sit your infantry on the tanks, just dont forget to dismount them before the defense line.

This middle trench has no at weapons to speak of, so you can just power through and get the rest from behind.

edit: and yeah, the next one is really tricky.

Last edited by Ts4EVER; August 26th, 2013 at 08:52 AM..