.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old August 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Corporal

adder83 is on a distinguished road
Default an affliction of heart

hi there!

I have done some quicktest with minotaur commanders and hearts of live, crytal hearts and so on... and i was wondering, althought i was surprised that give two hearts only causes one affliction, why this affliction they could not heal...althought they have recuperation....even after i have given them the chalice nobody of them could recover......isnt it strange?
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Sergeant

Kadelake is on a distinguished road
Default Re: an affliction of heart

Afflictions caused by equipping magic items can never be healed. It's the same for magical eyes (and in that case you lose one eye for each item, resulting in blinding if you run out of eyes)

Though I guess an immortal unit can heal the afflictions after he is killed and thus loses the items. Never tested it though.
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:58 AM

Corporal

adder83 is on a distinguished road

thank you! This seems to be the reason althought a little bit unlogical pitty. For me recuperation should be absolute....but whatever. i also tried some eyes....and for them its another pitty that they can not be removed afterwards (the same with hearts). Again, for my understanding an magic eye should be more easily to be pulled out than an heart....in real live people with fake eyes can do so all the time....while do the same with hearts is not so easy.....but in game terms it should be possible to exchange one magic eye with an other......this ultimateness somewhat limits the usefulness of magic eyes specifically for pretenders and even more specifically for blind pretenders (e.g. ageless olm) who actually could take advantage of them without taking any mali.

Immortals are mainly undead or lifeless as far as i know (except some heros and phönix?) and so anyway can not benefit from most of the hearts at all as they need to be living. But for your pretender it should be possible to be killed off anf called again losing the equipment (and may affliction?) althought this is a high price which maybe pay off on a SC pretender (wyrm+ crystal heart=?)which has no magic on him but as all eyes are about to improve spells/precision its not a good idea to kill off your rainbow in order to empty slots.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

Just think about it as the source of the affliction still being there renewing the affliction : if you still have a magical eye in your eye socket, you'll find it difficult to regenerate the original eye.

Same with your heart if some magical rock occupy its place.
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor