.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Halls of the Underkings

Quote:
WraithLord said:
If you like reading books I'd recommend for you the "Dark elf trilogy" by R.A. Salvatore. This, I'm sure, will give you plenty of ideas for drow.

George Martin's ice and fire is another matter. It is imho one of the best fantasy stories and a must read. I'd recommend that you grab a copy of "A game of thrones" and start the journey.
I've had some friends who've read Martin's series and loved it, but as I remember those books are heavy enough to kill someone with and I've never picked them up. I usually prefer science fiction over fantasy; e.g. Foundation, Starship Troopers, Ringworld, Hyperion, etc.. Nevertheless I am an avid reader and will have plenty of time for that sort of thing in the coming year. So, I may finally pick up one of Martin's novels.

On the issue of Dom3 and mods. It would be no problem to change simple things in a .dm file like unit ID number. That's why we have the Replace command It's good to hear that mods will be at least similar in Dom3 if not totally compatible. My only worry now is that the graphics in Dom3 will advance considerably. If each monster had, for instance, more than two animations it would increase modding time significantly.