Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old January 13th, 2009, 02:13 AM

Private

GeneralChaos is on a distinguished road
Default MP Problem Fixed with Alternate Method

I have been really upset with WPP since I have been unable to play MP. But I believe I have fix my problem. I don't have a router at home, but I believe the problem is with my internet provider. They are using a router and/or are blocking the game's communication (port 1941). There are 2 steps to fix the problem as follows....

1) Download the Hamachi program. It makes a gaming session by creating a virtual LAN (called Virtual Private Network). Create special player network for WPP game and make a Players list.

My WPP network is "WPPgame", password is 'pearl'

Info page - http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Gaming_over_Hamachi

Download here - https://secure.logmein.com/products/...i/download.asp.

2) Go to your KE Studio/WPP folder on your computer. (NOTE to be safe! - MAKE A BACKUP COPY of your original UserSettings file). Edit the last two lines in your UserSettings file by replacing both "0.0.0.0" with your Hamachi IP address. Save the file. Make sure your opponent replaces his UserSetting file with his own Hamachi IP address. Start up the WPP game, go network play, then one player host and the other player enters the host Hamachi IP address. BINGO - the WAR is now on!!!!!!

FYI - I have not played I full game yet. But the first few turns did work. So I'm happy. Thank goodness!

PS - I don't know how secure Hamachi is. I have known about Hamachi but never really had a reason to use it. Til now!
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:19 AM

Private

AlanBernardo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Problem Fixed with Alternate Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralChaos View Post
I have been really upset with WPP since I have been unable to play MP. But I believe I have fix my problem. I don't have a router at home, but I believe the problem is with my internet provider. They are using a router and/or are blocking the game's communication (port 1941). There are 2 steps to fix the problem as follows....

1) Download the Hamachi program. It makes a gaming session by creating a virtual LAN (called Virtual Private Network). Create special player network for WPP game and make a Players list.

My WPP network is "WPPgame", password is 'pearl'

Info page - http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Gaming_over_Hamachi

Download here - https://secure.logmein.com/products/...i/download.asp.

2) Go to your KE Studio/WPP folder on your computer. (NOTE to be safe! - MAKE A BACKUP COPY of your original UserSettings file). Edit the last two lines in your UserSettings file by replacing both "0.0.0.0" with your Hamachi IP address. Save the file. Make sure your opponent replaces his UserSetting file with his own Hamachi IP address. Start up the WPP game, go network play, then one player host and the other player enters the host Hamachi IP address. BINGO - the WAR is now on!!!!!!

FYI - I have not played I full game yet. But the first few turns did work. So I'm happy. Thank goodness!

PS - I don't know how secure Hamachi is. I have known about Hamachi but never really had a reason to use it. Til now!
I've used Hamachi before, way back when.

But I think you can change the port that WPP uses by editing the UserSetting's file. That way you wouldn't need Hamachi, which is an unnecessary layer.

Alan
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:24 AM

Private

But change the port to what?
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:18 AM

Private

'unnecessary'? Unnecessary my butt! At least I got it to work. Give me some credit, Dude. Instead of slammin me. j/k lol
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:32 AM

Private

Quote:
But change the port to what?
Change it to anything other than 1941. Try 2336 or something, and see if it works.

I've used Hamachi in the past, when games had only LAN play, or when Internet play was so buggy that it was better to go LAN.

But if a game works using Internet play, then I never went to Hamachi.

The thing with Hamachi, if I'm remebering correctly, is that all players also had to have Hamachi to connect through it and then play the game.

It would be much easier to just change to port WPP uses; then, you could connect with everyone, without the opponent needing to use Hamachi.

VPN would work also, I would think.

Alan
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:50 AM

Private

So does my opponent need to change his port also to match mine? Or can the ports be different? Example above, my port 2336 to his port 1941?
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Private

Quote:
So does my opponent need to change his port also to match mine? Or can the ports be different? Example above, my port 2336 to his port 1941?
No, I don't think your opponent needs to change anything. The only person who opens the port is the host. The client shouldn't need to do a thing.

Alan
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Private

Well, tried to do Alan's port change. And guess what? It didn't work. I believe the problem deals with the "0.0.0.0" lines at the bottom of the UserSettings file. For some reason when WPP tries to do network play, WPP always uses my LAN IP address. And thus, WPP MP network play does not work unless the two computers are directly connected to each other.

So for now, the only way to correct my problem is by manually editing the "0.0.0.0" lines in the UserSetting file to the Hamachi IP address. I still want to do some more testing to see if I can get WPP to connect with my internet IP address(but again that requires editing the "0.0.0.0' lines in the UserSetting file). Hopefully, will update/comment on this in a few hours.
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Private

UPDATE: Hamachi is NOT needed. All that needs to be done is.....

1)Verify internet IP address. Use whatsmyip.org , or Start/Run and enter cmd then type ipconfig, or Control Panel/Network Connections and right click internet connection/status/support, or etc,etc.

2) Go to your KE Studio/WPP folder on your computer. (NOTE to be safe! - MAKE A BACKUP COPY of your original UserSettings file). Edit the last two lines in your UserSettings file by replacing both "0.0.0.0" with your internet IP address. Save the file. Start up the WPP game, go network play, blah, blah & BINGO - the WAR is now on!!!!!!

I didn't think I could do. But I think I solved it all by myself. Sorry for my big head, but I have been very upset for about a week with WPP MP not working. Still cannot believe I actually had to edit the WPP software to make it work. Thats a first for me!
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM

Private

Quote:
UPDATE: Hamachi is NOT needed. All that needs to be done is.....

1)Verify internet IP address. Use whatsmyip.org , or Start/Run and enter cmd then type ipconfig, or Control Panel/Network Connections and right click internet connection/status/support, or etc,etc.

2) Go to your KE Studio/WPP folder on your computer. (NOTE to be safe! - MAKE A BACKUP COPY of your original UserSettings file). Edit the last two lines in your UserSettings file by replacing both "0.0.0.0" with your internet IP address. Save the file. Start up the WPP game, go network play, blah, blah & BINGO - the WAR is now on!!!!!!

I didn't think I could do. But I think I solved it all by myself. Sorry for my big head, but I have been very upset for about a week with WPP MP not working. Still cannot believe I actually had to edit the WPP software to make it work. Thats a first for me!
Good to see you got it working. All I know is that I don't have to edit the UserSettings file to host or connect.

One thing I found odd about your Internet connection is that your IP changed quite a bit. Mine changes maybe once a year, if that. There still must be something going on that causes you to have to edit the UserSettings file to get MP to work.

Alan