.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 6th, 2006, 10:04 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Unforgiving Princess

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
THe demo will not take too much time.

Woot! Demo is out soon! *drools*

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:44 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

> I don't like latin

How can you not? I envy everyone that has been forced to study it. I miss it sorely. Now I'm stuck with french and too lazy to learn latin.

> Try teaching 7th and 8th graders history. 12-14 years old and wise (in their not so humble opinions) beyond their years.

Isn't that endearing Still, I have never taught kids of that age, and I believe it would be quite hard work. I had kids 9-11 for one year a couple of years ago. That was very fun, but rather taxing and I have no idea if I actually taught them anything.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road

If you were my teacher, you'd be too busy explaining to me the new mechanics and other cool stuff of Dom3 to actually teach
(Kind of like my Citizenship teacher, which mostly just goes on and on about his political opinion after an unrelated remark from some student )
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:38 PM

Major

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
> I don't like latin

How can you not? I envy everyone that has been forced to study it. I miss it sorely. Now I'm stuck with french and too lazy to learn latin.

Well I don't know Kris...I just don't like it..you know there are various things in life what you won't like ever, this is one of those for me.
Basically my biggest problem is that I hate to study anything. I prefer sports [fighting sports] over everything what is related to school. Probably if I wouldn't start to work in my father's nightclub from the next year, I would try to be a professional fighter. [kickboxing, kempo, and later on K1] I am an "action type" person instead of a good student.
I guess you've met with a person like me already, so you understand what am I trying to say.
But hey! I think that this is totally ok, even a teacher like you can accept it. Not everyone wants to be a lawyer or something like that.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road

Why can't you be a professional fighter? Nightclub? Bah, that's just a job you need to make money. Use that money to get into the sport you want to get into. Do what you desire.

=$=
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM

General

> Not everyone wants to be a lawyer or something like that.

I very much hope so. A world full of lawyers would be horrible

> I guess you've met with a person like me already, so you understand what am I trying to say.

I'm not sure if I have met anyone like you (how could I know), but I have met lots of people, and I believe I understand what you mean.

Still, you are lucky enough to know a few phrases that you could use in Dominions, or in other games. Perhaps find correct plural form of Augur. I think we call them Augurs atm, and thet is not right. Augur Elder could be given a proper latin name. Without much efforts you can always find some small things that make a language fun. Or you could search for latin descriptions of the Seraphim or other angelic beings and try to translate them.

Hmm, sorry, I hope you don't mind me trying to influence you
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:18 AM

Major

Quote:
BigJMoney said:
Why can't you be a professional fighter? Nightclub? Bah, that's just a job you need to make money. Use that money to get into the sport you want to get into. Do what you desire.

=$=
Yes, that might happen. I won't stop training even when I start to work of course. I shall see how these things gonna turn out, and I will decide what to do in time. If I choose to be a professional, that will require huge amount of time / day. Example a professional fighter is training like 5-8 hours/day/5 times a week and 3-5 hours on weekends. This is just "normal" training, other then this, you must run like 10-15 kilometers all day. Hardcore. You cannot do anything else, when you are training, so this will be a very hard choice for me. Thankfully I know the right people to train with, if I choose to be a pro. Right now Im training with a world champ kickboxer and a kempo master, but only 2 hours / day at average.

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
> Not everyone wants to be a lawyer or something like that.

I very much hope so. A world full of lawyers would be horrible

> I guess you've met with a person like me already, so you understand what am I trying to say.

I'm not sure if I have met anyone like you (how could I know), but I have met lots of people, and I believe I understand what you mean.

Still, you are lucky enough to know a few phrases that you could use in Dominions, or in other games. Perhaps find correct plural form of Augur. I think we call them Augurs atm, and thet is not right. Augur Elder could be given a proper latin name. Without much efforts you can always find some small things that make a language fun. Or you could search for latin descriptions of the Seraphim or other angelic beings and try to translate them.

Hmm, sorry, I hope you don't mind me trying to influence you

Yeah Kris, I know that latin can help a lot, especially if someone would like to learn more languages.
Anyways Im glad that you understood what I was trying to say, because some people just cannot understand it sadly. They are like "what?! how can you prefer sports over school?!" My own mother cannot understand it for example...

*Edit*
Damn we went off-topic again, as usual. This should be in the introduce yourself topic maybe.

Old September 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM

General

[/b]Summer, Year One in Her Reign[/b]

Arcane words had reached Her from Lent City in the kingdom of C'tis. Albert had landed in the port below the Tel City of Lent. His words had been shrill and difficult to discern. He spoke of a sprawling city on top of a hill full of caves and tombs. In the city itself was a great temple outside wich stood an army of chained beings fed with baskets of rotting flesh. Ghouls not unlike the Ghoul Guardians of the Ruined Keep. Atop the great temple stood a being of Shadow and Flame. Tap, the Burning Soul, Prince of Flames, a Moloch, robed in horrible might, awaited adoration from a great procession of lizards, living and dead.

Albert claimed 340 talents were collected in the city monthly. That would soon diminish.

Witterich did well. He and Thorismund defeated the Wolf tribes and their shaman, but Her Prophet seemed to have a will of his own. He had retreated from the battle. She would now have to give him new orders. Fortunately he had fled towards the capital. She had plans for him there.

Hector Stark had signed the contract and was given orders to conquer Vault. He would receive aid from Totila, an Illuminated One of the Second Tier and a handful of Ghould Guardians.

Since Totila wasn't able enough a mage to keep the Ghoul Guardians in line, they had already eaten a couple of unsuspecting guards, She made Her will made manifest in the sudden fervor of the religious order of the black templars. The formidable knights would serve her better while there were not enough mages able to lead the Ghoul Guardians.

Another mecenary captain, Bulrek and his city guard was willing to work for the highest bidder. His precense would be most welcome in the Tintalaln Waste, since Witterichs armies were severely decimated.

The discovery of Jomonese troops in Windfall Range just beyond the Tintalan Waste further advocated a mercenary precense in the waste.

---------

Thorismund smiled. The Voice had gone. He was free at last. In the confusion of the battle he had succeeded in sneaking away. He was now on his way back to the capital and the Black Rose, his favourite tavern.

Still he had a gnawing feeling that something wasn't right. Could it be that She wanted him to go to the capital for another nasty surprise. He shuddered. Part from hangover, part from his dark thoughts.

----------

I set Adelbert to instill uprising.

I send Totila and Hector west to Vault with a handful of Ghoul Guardians

Thorismund is returned home.

I place a bid for Bulrek and recruit a 2nd tier member and two black templars.
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:31 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Interesting update! It seems the map is rather crowded.

Could we perhaps see the recruit roster of the Black Forest?

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

The above screen shot is interesting to me because it suggests functionality that I don't recall being in Dom2 (assuming it's a native screenshot and not modified)

Can you click on units in the battle viewer and see their stats as seems to be the case above with Dernan?