.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Private

curious123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR/Progress of german long campaign

finally, 09/42, i will always remember this date, i shot down my first IL-2 shturmovik
those planes look scary, in one dive it shoots its mgs , cannons and 2 barrages of some kind of rockets, impressive firepower that almost took out my stug3.
one mission later i got my 1st urban air support, i just got 1 advice to whoever reading this: don't spend your support points on sorties in urban environment cause the planes are almost blind in these conditions and they become totally blind after some shelling on both sides occur and fires start up.

i noticed some strange statistics when viewing my units info bars : i got 3 captured T-34 in my core, 1 veteran (costs 82 points) and 2 elites (97 and 123 points). i am curious if the latest 3.5 patch added the feature of estimating unit price according to the experience or something gone horribly wrong when i patched the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to curious123 For This Useful Post:
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Corporal

Brummbar is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing your AAR with us 123. It sounds like you are having a great time playing and writing about your battles. Keep up the good work.

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM

Private

thanks for replies, always good to know somebody is interested.
i didn't report about any progress on the eastern front since the last few days i started new campaign in the west with almost the same core force, playing as germany, starting from 07/43 (sicily).
i got disappointed pretty fast since it was a mistake to buy tigers and panthers , the allies were helpless, unlike the russians they don't have the weapons to counter the german big toys on this date (the russians possess limited amount of sabot rounds on their t-34 and KV tanks ). so now i'm back to the original campaign. the date is 02/43 and i think i'll report my progress just before kursk since no significant events happened up until now (turkey shoot with some minimal infantry/armor losses).
maybe after i'll finish the eastern front i'll try to restart the western campaign without any heavy toys , or with them but starting from D-DAY (i believe the allies had sherman fireflys and those hellcats on this date).

p.s just wanted to ask the devs: do i get my repair points according to my success in the last battle or points amount depends on date (lets say during the berlin battle i almost won't get repair points i.e no supply)?
p.s2 want to say thanks to the developers for the latest 3.5 patch i really like when my artillery loses contact randomly and that the tank riders casualties aren't fixed to 1 soldier anymore.
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:26 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

I would not worry about repair points even on the hardest level get loads. After a few battles as carry over you would need to hit serious problems several battles in a row to even come close to running short.
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Private

i just hit my 100th battle today so i decided to report about my progress before kursk.
a short overview of my campaign scores:
battles fought : 99 current date: 05/43
DV: 87 MV: 11 Draw: 1 (blame the french) ML/DL: 0

changes to core force:
i updated my 5 P3's to Tigers and removed the 105mm+ battery and 3 stugs, at the moment my core force value is around 5050 points (most of the core is elite, well most of it elite since the french campaign ).
in the following 3 months after stalingrad 90% of my battles were meeters and the rest were advances (the 100th battle i play now is my 1st delay since stalingrad). AI's T-34 couldn't do much against my tigers , i lost 0-1 tigers per battle, my method was rushing the tigers and the stugs forward , seeking for high spot, waiting for the T-34 once they are KO'd i sent my P4's , flame P3's and some infantry forward to clear his remaining infantry which became helpless without support.

the only thing that makes my life a bit harder is the russian air superiority (once per 2-3 battles). now i'm really eager to get to kursk, where the russians supposed to get some armor equipped with the 85mm gun and those nasty su152 self propelled guns.