.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Corporal

JaghataiKhan is on a distinguished road
Default Buying only the CD-Key, and some game suggestions.

I'm tired of playing demo and playing Hinnom on my friend's Laptop.(Hinnom is a bit unbalanced)

IS there a way to only purchase the CD-Key, as I can't wait and don't want to wait either for the CD to be transferred, as my country is a bit far away and don't have easily access to a solid copy of CD as I know. However I have good internet connection and can DL it relatively fast while having PC off?

Buying a solid copy here in Turkey will be very difficult as taxes on CD's and multimedia is too high and every price of an original game is wildly high.

Also, I'm pissed at having a large army in a supply poor territory and being constantly under attack every turn, thus being unable to exit the territory, thus having diseases etc.
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buying only the CD-Key, and some game suggestions.

Nature gives you access to many supply-enhancing misc items under the Construction school. Nature mages themselves give a supply bonus in the province they are.
Also, Hinnom has very good PD (you can leave a province in your PD's relatively sure hands - also, remind that parking Hinnom's armies for long into a province is bad as commanders EAT your population there), and has very good units too - so you may feel comfortable in splitting your bigger armies into smaller armies to attack more territories a turn and reducing the need for high supplies. Also, their commanders can do as nice thugs, reducing your need for units.

I don't think there is a way to order just the CD-key, but I can bet Edi or llamabeast will be here soon to give you their greater knowledge and experience

Last edited by Tifone; September 19th, 2008 at 03:53 PM..
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Th default is that there is no way to buy just the CD-key, sorry, or the game as a digital download. Though in case you intend to install from your friend's CD with a legit, separately bought key, that situation has never come up before. So you could ask.

I suspect the answer is still going to be no, but open up a support ticket for Shrapnel tech support and see where that gets you. The asking is not going to cost you anything after all.
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:37 PM

Corporal

Iron Duke is on a distinguished road

I'm also from Turkey, got the game via mail no problem. Took 8 days, which I consider quite fast considering where it's shipped from. You only need a credit card or even if you don't, most banks support temporary card services for web purchase. If you manage to get your hands on a copy, be sure to pm me I've never seen anybody else playing from here. I'm still playing single but I feel I'll be more or less ready for the MP arena soon enough
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Duke For This Useful Post:
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road

! How did it took me 2 months??
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I'm also from Turkey, got the game via mail no problem. Took 8 days, which I consider quite fast considering where it's shipped from. You only need a credit card or even if you don't, most banks support temporary card services for web purchase. If you manage to get your hands on a copy, be sure to pm me I've never seen anybody else playing from here. I'm still playing single but I feel I'll be more or less ready for the MP arena soon enough
Oha! 8 gün? Süper, PM lütfen.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:30 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Nice to see some Turkish nationals on the boards

Although I've got very little Turkish blood, the Turks and their/our history has always fascinated me.

I really hope, when you get the game, that you'll consider going forth with your Turkish mod, JagataiKhan-and I'll be more than happy to help with it.
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:29 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

Hey Duke, no need to have Turkish players to play MP... I'm feeling discriminated here
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Corporal

Iron Duke is on a distinguished road

Hahaha don't you worry my friend, I'm still learning the game, trying out the spells, toying around with formations. There are so many spells that I don't believe I've used more than %10 of'em if not fewer. I would feel bad if you people razed me in the fifth turn
Old September 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
Nice to see some Turkish nationals on the boards

Although I've got very little Turkish blood, the Turks and their/our history has always fascinated me.

I really hope, when you get the game, that you'll consider going forth with your Turkish mod, JagataiKhan-and I'll be more than happy to help with it.
Nowadays, I am once again clogged with lessons. But if I ever,EVER get some spare time and buy that game, I'll pour out my best thoughts.

Glad that someone is peacefully interested in us, and not think that:

"Every aspect of Turkish cultural identity is stolen from someone! Oh noes! When rabbits,gnomes,cats, elves and happy Kurds and Armenians were living in Anatolia, the evil Turks came and devoured them all, absorbing their genes, then trying to destroy the world!"